+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XMC1100 with 16 Pins - Wrong BMI Selection - User Mode Debug SWD1 (P1.3 and P1.2)

New Member New Member Florian31 is on a distinguished road

XMC1100 with 16 Pins - Wrong BMI Selection - User Mode Debug SWD1 (P1.3 and P1.2)

Hello,

I selected the wrong BMI on a XMC1100 device. I have a 16 Pin microcontroller an selected the User Mode (Debug) SWD1 (SWDIO=P1.3, SWDCLK=P1.2).
    But obvisouly this chip has no Port 1 (no PIN 1.2 or 1.3). I changed it with Dave 3.

Is it possible to change this back on SWD0 again or do i need a new chip ?

best regards

Daryl Neo
    HI,

Since the BMI that you have selected is in SWD1 mode, you can still change the BMI back to SWD0 mode.

Step 1: On the 8 pin header (labelled Debug COM)
    - Pin2 (SD) connect to P1.3
    - Pin1 (SC) connect to P1.2

Step 2: Use the BMI Get/Set on DAVE to change the BMI to SWD0.
    - Before you change the BMI mode, you may wish to read the BMI mode first. It should read SWD1.

Please note, if the device is set in Productive Mode, no debug access is available anymore.

For more details on boot mode handling in XMC1000 devices, you can refer to the Application Note: Boot mode handling for XMC1000
    http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineo...52d0591da87d34

Regards,
    Daryl

New Member New Member Florian31 is on a distinguished road
    Im not using a Boot Kit.
    im using the device XMC1100 and Package TSSOP 16. There are no P1.3 and P1.2.

But by mistake i changed the BMI into SWD1.

Daryl Neo
    HI,

I am sorry to hear this. I did not read your original thread carefully.

You are right, P1.2 and P1.3 are not available in the TSSOP16.

In this case, if the device BMI is in SWD1, no recovery is possible. You will need a new device.

Regards,
    Daryl

+ Reply to Thread