XMC4000 SPI Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi ,
Do any have try SPI bootloader on XMC4000 before,Current offical solution is ASC bootloader and start on P1.4, P1.5 ,
Could anyone give me a help?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi,

You have to make use of the Alternate Boot Mode. Which means you need to create your own boot loader.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Travis wrote:
Hi,

You have to make use of the Alternate Boot Mode. Which means you need to create your own boot loader.

Hi Travis,
Thank you for your reply.
Now I first step is create a new SPI interface on Infineon ASC bootloader,
My MASTER device(XMC4800) will send a message(0xAA) to current device through SPI interface.
After current device get 0xAA , current device will 0xAB to MASTER device.

I have write a SPI initial code on Infineon ASC bootloader and download it to current device by DAVE4.
But it will , Do I need modify other file?(startup_XMC4800.C or startup_XMC4800.S)
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Travis
Employee
Employee
SamTsang wrote:
Hi Travis,
Thank you for your reply.
Now I first step is create a new SPI interface on Infineon ASC bootloader,
My MASTER device(XMC4800) will send a message(0xAA) to current device through SPI interface.
After current device get 0xAA , current device will 0xAB to MASTER device.

I have write a SPI initial code on Infineon ASC bootloader and download it to current device by DAVE4.
But it will , Do I need modify other file?(startup_XMC4800.C or startup_XMC4800.S)

Hi,

I don't think there is a need to follow this. Why our bootloader is doing this is because it needs to interface with the PC GUI like the Infineon memtool.

Therefore when you are in alternate boot mode, you are free to adopt which ever method that suits your needs. Attach is an example which make use of alternate boot mode (ABM) to flash program the XMC4500 via a SD card.

XMC45_Loader.zip

The loader is the software which reads the SD card with bin file and writes to the XMC flash. And this code is mapped onto 0x080C 0000 and shall be executed during the ABM.

XMC45_Loader_n_Firmware.zip
This project will decide whether to jump to ABM or continue with normal software executions. Please note that the previous loader software is also installed here.

XMC45_Update_Firmware.zip

Just a sample project with bin file to be placed in the SD card.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
What you can do is to modify the XMC45_Loader project with SPI communication to download a bin or hex file (I prefer bin file), instead of reading from the SD card.
0 Likes