Lwip 2.0.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hello,

There is a new version of Lwip stack coming out. Has anyone try it? Is there available eternetif.c file using XMC lib? Can someone share it? What are the plans to create some examples with this version by DAVE team?

rum
0 Likes
13 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Find attached a working project with lwip 2.0
0 Likes
Not applicable
thanks for sharing. how do you find out the version number of lwip?
0 Likes
Not applicable
I don't know, thats really confusing in the lwip-source.
But trust me, it is lwip2.0RC1, i downloaded it yesterday from their homepage( http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/snapshot/STABLE-2_0_0_RC1.tar.gz )
0 Likes
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

I am using it already for some weeks. Thanks.

rum
0 Likes
Not applicable
why do you still have DHCP_BOUND in main() instead of DHCP_STATE_BOUND?
0 Likes
Not applicable
It seems that i never tested dhcp using lwip 2.0. You are right, it should be DHCP_STATE_BOUND.
0 Likes
Not applicable
The posted sources did not work out of the box for me. It did not establish a DHCP connection; in dhcp_start() I got an assert "netif is not up, old style port?".
Somewhere I found the hint that I must call "netif_set_up(&xnetif)" before "dhcp_start(&xnetif)". Using this I now can establish a DHCP connection and the XMC now is sending UDP packets.
My problem now is: I cannot ping the XMC board. What is missing?

Best regards

Lothar
0 Likes
Not applicable
The board is sending udp-packets at maximum speed, therefore, there is no time to answer ping packets. Try to comment out the udp-send functions.
Nevertheless, i think there is a second problem, because i observed, that the ping response times grow if i send continuously ping requests.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Did anybody tried email? It was working very well. But I suddenly when I came back to the last project. It nearly stopped working. Only 2 emails out of thousands of tests.
The SMTP protocol seems to run on my side to completeness. The server aspmx.l.google.com answers in between correctly to MCU. But the email does not arrive to gmail anymore.
Why can be wrong?
0 Likes
Not applicable
@shenj : no, I did not try.
@red : I used Your sources and set up a simple udp echo server. Now I can ping the board. When I fire UDP datagrams fastly (300us) to the board I am obviously loosing telegrams and after some time the board becomes unrewponsive - no ping possible any more.
Loosing telegrams does not worry me but the fact that high trafic load makes the board crash is quite worrying to me. Is that normal? Are You sure that there is no bug somewhere?
At a UDP request rate of 1ms all seems to work fine - but this is too slow for my purpose.

Do You have an idea?

rgds Lothar
0 Likes
Not applicable
red wrote:
Find attached a working project with lwip 2.0

Can you tell me Which IDE you are using to build this project ?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Can you please tell me which IDE You are using to build this project.
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
I still use the LWIP 1.4.1, which is very stable.
0 Likes