How do I program 1kWBLDC board using SEGGER J-link Tool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Greeting:)

I'm trying to re-program Infineon 1kW BLDC board using SEGGER J-LINK emulator(S/N:59104496), I thought I have made the connection properly(5V<->Vref, GND<->GND, P0_14 <-> SWDIO, P0_15 <-> SWDCLK),
however, it still failed when I try to debug the board via DAVE3 debug function, could anyone give me some suggestion, thanks!

regards,
Fender
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
HI Fender,

Are you able to read the BMI mode for the board?

To use the debug function, the MCU needs to be User Mode Debug (SWD0/SWD1).

Please note that the 1kW BLDC board delivered is in Productive Mode. To change the mode to ASC BSL mode, please refer to the accompany user guide.

A hint is that to change the BMI mode, you do not need to power up the complete board. Supply a +5V connection on the board will power up the MCU.

Can you revert with your BMI mode before I can help advise you further.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl,

Thanks for your reply, could you please tell me which user guide I can refer to change the BMI mode? thanks!

regards,
Fender
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI Fender,

For the 1KWBLDC Board, you can refer to the document "Microcontroller Reprogramming Procedure-via Infineon Memtool" delivered with the Kit.
When the board are delivered, it is programmed in Productive Mode. To set it to ASC BSL mode, please follow the procedures found within the above mentioned document.

Once the board has been set to ASC BSL Mode, you may connect the SWD debug pins to make use of the "BMI Set and Get" function in DAVE IDE to check the BMI as well as change the BMI mode.
However, please note that once the device is set to Productive mode, the BMI mode cannot be changed unless the BMI change procedures are included as part of your application code.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Drayl,

I followed the document "Microcontroller Reprogramming Procedure-via Infineon Memtool", however after the step "After making the SHORT, Plug in the FTDI cable. Remove the short after 2sec.
Keep the FTDI cable plugged in." which shows on page14 within the pdf file, I couldn't proceed and the Error message shows as below:

Message from component 'IMTMemtool' :
Can't connect to Target

Message from component 'CortexJtagIntf' :
Can't connect target !

Check for JTAG/SWD failed after BMI reconfiguration sequence !
There was a possible BSL error
Please try again after repower the target

Failed to connect target device !

It seems I can't connect to the target board using FTDI cable, do you have relevant experience like this? thanks!

regards,
Fender
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Fender,

How did you supply the voltage to your board? It should only be powered using the FTDI cable provided in the kit during the reprogramming.

Also, did you configure the memtool as follows? It seems that the COM pot is not assigned.
>> Target -> Setup : Dialog Minimonitor Target Interface Setup pops up.
In the Access Device, please select the COM port that your cable is connected to.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl,

Thank you very much, after selecting the proper COM port, BMI configuration could be changed to USER mode by memtool.
However, another question came afterwards, it seems the power could not be delivered to the MCU through +Vbat. I used the multimeter to measure these ports on Interface signals of the 1kW board,

1kW BLDC board was powered on with +24VDC:

Signal -> measured
==============
+Vbat -> 23.37V
+Vboost -> 0.05V
+5V -> 0.13V
T_Sense -> 0.34V
==============
Any suggestion on how to debug is very appreciated!

Thanks&regards,
Fender
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Fender,

This application supports an 18V DC battery. If the code is downloaded, the expected Vboost should be 11.3 to 12V.
Have you changed the BMI mode already?

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes