DAVE TIP of the Day: Importing of DAVE projects to Keil MDK-ARM IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
DAVE supports the importing of generated DAVE APP codes to be used in Keil MDK-ARM IDE.
A XML file describing the folder structure of the generated code is all what MDK-ARM needs to be able to import the generated libraries.

The following procedure helps generate the XML file.

[#1] Modify DAVE CE Preferences
- Goto “Windows -> Preferences -> DAVE -> DAVE CE Preferences -> Resource Manager Settings”
- In the Resource Manager Settings grouping, select “Generate gpdsc file to import DAVE generated code in Keil MDK v5.10 or higher”

[#2] Generate the gpdsc file
- Click on the “Generate Code” icon to generate the code as well as the gpdsc file.

[#3] Launching the uVision Project
- All you have to do now is to double click on the gpdsc file. This launches uVision which creates a uVision project. Any change that you make now to the generated files in DAVE will automatically reflect in uVision project.
0 Likes
6 Replies
User12281
Level 1
Level 1
Daryl,
I am a new user with Keil MDK, and try to migrate my DAVE project to Keil MDK IDE. My old project is with DAVE 4.3.2. The Keil MDK is V5.27.1.0. I generated GPDSC file with the instruction in your post. However, when I double click the .gpdsc file, it does not open the Keil IDE, but opens it on the edit window.
3616.attach
Did you see anything wrong with it? I appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,
Yaoxin
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

You need to open the .gpdsc file directly from Keil MDK.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User12281
Level 1
Level 1
Jesus,
Thank you very much for the reply! How I can open the .gpdsc file directly from Keil MDK? I use "open project" from Keil MDK, but it seems not recognize .gpdsc file.
Regards,
Yaoxin
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Just File>Open and browse to the .gpdsc file with the "All Files (*.*)" filter enabled.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User12281
Level 1
Level 1
Jesus,
Got it. Thank you very much!
Regards,
Yaoxin
0 Likes
B612missecho
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted Welcome!

Dear Sir,

I ran into some unsolvable problems when converting DAVE IDE's project to Keil MDK project, and I need your help.

After generating a file with the suffix ".gpdsc "and opening the file with Keil, the compiler displays the message" Cannot read project file ".

I tried every way to open it, but it kept coming up.How can this problem be solved?

Regards,

Fayang

0 Likes