Tooling Guide - XMC4000 - ASC Bootloader - Example Code EN

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I downloaded the .exe file, and I tried to run it but windows does not recognize it as an executable
file thinking it was a dave4 project I tried to import it but in this case I have a mistake you can kindly
tell me what kind of file it is
0 Likes
3 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

Even though the link shows an .exe file, the actual file is a .zip file:
http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-XMC4000_Bootloader_ASC_example_code-AN-v01_03-EN.exe?fileId=db...

Previously we did attached the zip files as a self-extracting .exe file.

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
Hi, I have a question about this example. But the one about xmc1400. There is a function in the visual studio project. (make_flash_image)
I don't know why but I cannot run half of this project properly, no mather what I try some functions return error. So I cannot run and try thats why I am here to ask.
Is this function make_flash_image coverts intel hex files to regular binaries? When I read the code I saw that it seperates intel hex operators and copies the data part to an image file which is quite like a binary file.
Am I correct? If so why not directly get the binary instead of an hex as an input to this project?
Thanks,
Ipek
0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Ipek,

Is this function make_flash_image coverts intel hex files to regular binaries?

Yes. Your understanding is right. It reads the file in intel hex format and creates the flash image.

If so why not directly get the binary instead of an hex as an input to this project?

The host is only an example. The host program can be application specific and you have the freedom to create your own version.
The host program provided has bl_download_pflash() and make_flash_image() function doing the same process.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes