IR25601 maximum VCC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello there,
Since IRF is not Infineon I though this could be the right place to post my question, as I havent received any answer from the support :(.
So IR25601 is a high side driver. The datasheet states that the maximum VCC value for this IC is 25V, but there is no further explanation to this in the datasheet. Somewhere in the IRF website I have found an information some time a go, that VCC is internally biased to 20V. I cannot find this information anywhere anymore... In my design I need to power the chip with 24V. What I fear is that with this configuration, the voltage that will go on the transistors bases will be above 20V and will destroy them. Is there a prevention for this in the device? Looking at the schematics and the diagram it doesnt seem so... But again, there is not much details in the datasheet.
Is it safe to use the chip with 24V vcc like this?

1889.attach

I would really apreciate all help regarding this matter.
0 Likes
2 Replies
User9050
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Please be informed that IRF is now Infineon. We are sorry for the delayed answer.
There is no internal clamp for Vcc. Vcc max = 25 V, but recommended is less than 20 V since most of the mosfets have a max Vgs of 20 V. There are few with Vgs max = +/-30 V.

If Vcc = 25 V, then your mosfets will get damaged because HO= Vb- Vs and Vb is a diode drop less than 25 V. Lets say Vforward drop of diode is 1V. HO =~24 V. The mosfets will get damaged if their Vgs max is +/-20 V.
0 Likes
Not applicable
This is what I was afraid of. Thank you for answer.
0 Likes