XMC4700 Relax Kit with DAVE IDE 4.2.2 Reset_Handler Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello. I'm new in Forum and using of Infenion MCUs and tools. I worked with TI and STMicroelectronics Cortex-M based devices. I want to try external bus unit but I couldn't start to run from main. I'm trying to debug simple LED toggling with push buttons pressed but when I press the debug icon, the device is always jumping to HardFault_Handler exception. I've put a breakpoint to top of Reset_Handler in the startup file, ide or device couln't locate the SystemInit function. I've checked there is also an header file which is system_XMC4700.h and the declaration of the SystemInit function prototype is in this file, also there is a source file which is system_XMC4700.c is contain the whole SystemInit function and the other clock configuration functions. Maybe it is a address definition problem of the device's available flash start and end addresses but I didn't find any information about that. I've increased the stack but it was still same. I'm waiting any advice or help. Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

Can you check if it is related to the following issue:
http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3582-XMC4800-linker-warning

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you Min Wei. Problem has gone when I added the SRAM_Combined to Memory definitions in the linker. Combined means all the SRAM (Program + System Data + Communication) as the same in the answer at your link.
0 Likes