UART Interrupt isn´t working at XMC1100. HELP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11140
Level 1
Level 1
Hi ,

i´m trying to jump into the interrupt routine but without sucsess. I rebuilt Example UART001_Example1_XMC11 to UART001_Example3_XMC11 but never could jump into the interupt routine.
Its no matter what i choose for FIFO Size/trigger limit or baud rate. I tried it with Pin 1.2/1.3 and also with P2.0/P2.1.

What could be the problem to never get into the NVIC routine ? I used a breakpoint in FIFO_Receive but never reach it. Attached is the actual small Projekt.

---------------------------------------------------

void FIFO_Receive (void)
{
UART001_ReadDataBytes(&UART001_Handle1,&FifoReaddata[Count],1);
Count++;
}

uint8_t FifoReaddata[11];
uint8_t Count = 0;

int main(void)
{
uint16_t Data[11] = {0x48,0x45,0x4C,0x4C,0x4F,0x20,0x57,0x4F,0x52,0x4C,0x44};
uint8_t tempCount = 0;

DAVE_Init();

while(1)
{
while(tempCount != Count);

UART001_WriteDataBytes(&UART001_Handle1, &Data[Count], 1);
tempCount++;

}
return 0;
}
---------------------------------------

1874.attach
0 Likes
6 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

Are you trying to do a loop back function, i.e. each byte transmitted will also be received?
In this case, are you using a single pin for both transmit and receive functions or connecting a wire externally between the RXD and TXD pins?

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
User11140
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

in this example i tried to send data from Pin 1.2 (Tx) to Pin 1.3 (Rx). I also tired it to send Data from Pin 1.2 (Tx, Handle0) to Pin 2.1 (Rx, Handle1) and vice versa. But this is only to get a test situation.
(under using of Version Dave3)

I´m searching for a solotuion to jump into a Interrupt routine. For example:

1. Send a string "STRING_NAME" via a Hyper terminal (UART protocoll)
2. This Stirng or the first character should be recognize and jump into the Interupt Handler (NVIC) without set a While() in the main()

• While(1) { while((UART001_GetFlagStatus(&UART001_Handle0,UART001_FIFO_STD_RECV_BUF_FLAG))!= UART001_SET); .... }

3. In the Interrupt routine I want a string comparison to hadle it i.e. "LED_OFF"
4.I´m using App UART001 amd NVIC002. is this wrong for my scenario?
1890.attach

So I try to send a special command to leave the user productive Mode. Until now i could´t reach to get into the Interrupt Routine [ FIFO_Receive(void)]
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

I have created a simple example, which triggers a receive interrupt function whenever the device receives a byte from the hyperterminal.

To test, I did the following:
- Setup Docklight hyperterminal program @19.2kbaud
- Sent 11 bytes to the device
- Checked that the 11 bytes are correctly received in the variable FifoReaddata[].

Note that the example is based on XMC1300 as I do not have an XMC1100 board on hand.
Can you have a look?

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Just wondering if you could have missed the signal connection step in your example:

1892.attach

This assigns the UART interrupt to an NVIC node for interrupt generation.

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Forian31,

you may want to check, if the USIC0_CHx->INPR, the USIC0_CHx->RBCTR are set correctly. Also check the the interrupt routine will be called:

void CHx_RxInterruptCall()
{ // put your code here!
}
void IRQ_Hdlr_9 (void) {CHx_RxInterruptCall();}

Also be aware that size has to be set to zero prior setting DPTR in RBCTR, otherwize the RBCTR will not be set correctly.
//FIFO Rx
const uint32_t size0=0x7<<24;
uint8_t DPTR; DPTR=1< USIC0_CH0->RBCTR &= ~size0;
USIC0_CH0->RBCTR= DPTR + (LofRx<<28) + (LimitRx<<1) + (SizeRx<<24);
0 Likes
User11140
Level 1
Level 1
Hey,

thank you for the example and no i did the signgal connection.
A few words, i just rebuild your example and tried it first without reach the Interrupt routine. So i changend my baud rate from 115200 ( in UART configuration and Hyper Terminal) to 19200. Also i had to change the FIFO amount to 16. <-- because I only got three bytes an not 11
I also used in the UART configuration the FIFO receive buffer interrupt. Maybe that was also a mistake ??? I my unterstanding it is just the different when the interrupt should occurs or there are othe sepzifications?

Finaly in case of a reception an interrupt occurs. Therfore i changed baud rate ( lower speed), FIFO size and rebuild a new Project. Why my other examples ( UART examples) and other project didn´t work are still misterious. I hope I can check this in the next few days,...

@ smktec
Thank you for your support. I will look after this, just for getting a better understanding because i´m a beginner. Therefor one further question:

USIC0_CH0->RBCTR= DPTR + (LofRx<<28) + (LimitRx<<1) + (SizeRx<<24);

this line mean, that i just set the part of the RBCTR i mentioned here ?
0 Likes