BGT24-RFB2412 Board USB Connection

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,
I've recently purchased the 24Ghz radar development board BGT24-RFB2412 (with the XMC4400-F100k512 AB micro-controller).
I'm trying to upload a new firmware from the sample code I got with the board.
I tried to use Dave and the usb port but I couldn't make the IDE communicate with board.
Is it possible to use the usb port for this or I have to use the cortex-debug JTAG connection?

Another unrelated question: In the board brochure it says that I can find an example code in infineon's website:
"Software/Firmware
Basic Doppler motion sensing capability comes by default with kit.
DAVE™ SW environment can be downloaded via Infineon website link.
Upgrading to FMCW capability for range/distance measurements can also
be updated from the Infineon website link."

I couldn't find this code... maybe I can get a link here?

Noam.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Noam

I had the exact same issues when I first got my board.

Firstly, I don't think that it is possible to flash the mcu through the USB interface. For that I acquired a debugger from Segger (J-Link edu works for me) along with a Cortex 10-20 pin adapter.
When I inquired regarding the FMCW software I was referred to my distributor and eventually got the sample app from them, so I suggest you start there.

Regards,
Frik
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello guys,

Has anybody got FMCW sample code? Could you share it with me?

Thank you in advance
0 Likes
Not applicable
fjbotha wrote:
Hi Noam

Firstly, I don't think that it is possible to flash the mcu through the USB interface. For that I acquired a debugger from Segger (J-Link edu works for me) along with a Cortex 10-20 pin adapter.
When I inquired regarding the FMCW software I was referred to my distributor and eventually got the sample app from them, so I suggest you start there.

Regards,
Frik

Dear fjbotha

Could you share the FMCW software with me?I‘m looking for a long time.
My Email: zhangzhenyuan163@163.com.

Thank you very much!
0 Likes
finketho
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
Hello all,

the software for BGT24-RFB2412 is currently under development and not available yet. We are planning to release FSK and FMCW SW in the near future. So, please stay tuned.

Regarding debugging and flashing: I can confirm the prior statement that flashing via USB interface is not possible out of the box. An additional Segger J-Link compatible debugger needs to be used to flash and debug the MCU. E.g. you can use Infineon´s KIT_XMC_LINK_SEGGER_V1 (http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/KIT_XMC_LINK_SEGGER_V1/productType.html?pro...).

Best regards,
Thomas
0 Likes
User12519
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
fjbotha wrote:
Hi Noam

Regards,
Frik

Dear fjbotha

Could you share the FMCW code.
My Email: dheerajkcdheeraj@gmail.com

Thank you!
0 Likes
User14255
Level 1
Level 1
fjbotha wrote:
Hi Noam

Regards,
Frik

Dear Mr.fjbotha,

Could you share the FMCW software with me? I really need it. Thank you very much!
0 Likes