infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: FAQ for XMC4800 EtherCAT

Beginner Beginner marzoel is on a distinguished road
    Hello all,

we want to build our own EtherCAT slave based on an XMC4800. So far something is runing on the eval board.
    Now, we have to build our own Hardware. I thought let's use the BCM5241 PHY like on the eval board but I won't get a datasheet from broadcom. I also found the PHY list from Beckhoff but It seems that only this BCM5241 was tested.
    Has anyone practical experience with other PHYs and maybe neccessary changes in the source code? Or does anyone knows a way to get a datasheet from broadcom (for small series customers)?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

New Member New Member Mike Karam is on a distinguished road

Problem with XMC4800 demo app

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with the demo app (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infine...5a938b1c0a6274) .
    I followed all the steps in the tutorial and when I rebuild the active project (step 10 page 21), it fails and the reason is that in ecat_hw.c (in SSC/Src) the variable EEPROM_READ_SIZE is used but is undefined.
    I came around the problem by defining it myself in the ecat_def.h.
    1) Is it the proper way to do so?
    2) Has anyone found a similar problem and if yes what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for your awesome product,
    Mike

...Does really no one has the PHY selection issue? Which PHYs do you use with the XMC4800?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

...Does really no one has the PHY selection issue? Which PHYs do you use with the XMC4800?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

New Member New Member pagnamen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by marzoel View Post

Thanks in advance,
    Martin
    I had the same problem with Broadcom.
    I successfully used a KSZ8081MLX from Microchip for my application. Only change in the firmware was to write a register in the PHY to change the link LED behavior as described in the Beckhoff selection guide.

Good luck

New Member New Member Volatile is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

i have a problem regarding the "One Cycle Slave to Slave Communication" Manual. I followed the instructions and got to the point where I have to "create some input data" in the "process_app"-function of the "main.c"-file (slide 17).
    There's no such function in my file, so i just added it. When I want to build the project following errors appear:

1.) ../SSC/Src/XMC_ESC.c:263:27: error: 'IN_GENERIC0x6000' undeclared (first use in this function)
    2.) SSC/Src/subdir.mk:39: recipe for target 'SSC/Src/XMC_ESC.o' failed
    3.) ../SSC/Src/XMC_ESC.c:286:14: error: 'IN_GENERIC0x6000' undeclared (first use in this function)
    4.)make: *** [SSC/Src/XMC_ESC.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Have you experienced this problem before and can you tell me where I made an error? Do I have to declare "IN_GENERIC0x6000" by hand...and if yes, where?
    I attached a picture of the DAVE-project including the console output.

Thanks in advance,
    Andreas

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAVE_window.png
Views:	1
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	3359

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MichaelIFX is on a distinguished road
    Dear Andreas,
    The data-type you miss is specified inside the EXCEL-sheet referenced on page 14 of the documentation.
    This EXCEL-sheet is used as an input to the SSC-tool to generate the code.
    After code generation you will find the definition inside XMC_ESCObjects.h of the generated code.

Kind Regards

Michael
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hello Mike,
    your modification in general should be OK.
    But to avoid the hack you had to do, you can also stay with SSC5.11 which has not this incompatibility you faced.

In the very near term we will update the ECAT_APP to support also compatibility to the latest SSC5.12 version you are using.

Kind Regards

Michael
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    ... in regard to PHYs you can use for EtherCAT/XMC.

Any PHY you can find inside the PHY selection guide published by BECKHOFF is also working with XMC:
    e.g. Version 2.4:
    https://download.beckhoff.com/downlo..._guidev2.4.pdf

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.