infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FAQ for XMC4800 EtherCAT

Beginner Beginner FHK is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

do I have to use both EtherCAT-Ports (i.E. do i have to map all the signals to pins in the pin mapping perspective in DAVE)? I only need one EtherCAT Port as the network topology will be a star network. Also I need the Pins unsed by the second EtherCAT-Port (p1) for other Signals.
    My hope is that I can simply map all the Signals for EtherCar p0 to the corresponding hardware pins and leave the pin mapping for p1 blank.

Thank you for your answers in advance!

New Member New Member Fretar is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

@ FHK: do you know already more about your question?
    I also ask myself if it is possible to only use one EtherCAT port. Or does an EtherCAT Maser usually need two ports?

Best regards

New Member New Member chuckdyer is on a distinguished road

How do I configure EtherCAT interface for RGMII?

I want to use the RGMII interface for EtherCAT because of space limitations I have on my PCB.

How do I configure EtherCAT interface for RGMII?

What pins do I use in the XMC pinout tool?

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

From the RM:
    "EtherCAT slave devices with Ethernet Physical Layer usually support MII interfaces,
    some do also support the RMII interface. Since RMII PHYs include TX FIFO’s, they
    increase the packet forwarding delay of an EtherCAT slave device as well as the jitter.
    RMII as a Ethernet Physical Layer is not supported by the XMC4[78]00 due to these
    reasons."

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Beginner Beginner Vinay is on a distinguished road
    Hi ,

I'm new to EtherCAT and I was trying to work on EoE. Is there any example for EoE ?

thanks in advance,
    Vinay

Beginner Beginner Vinay is on a distinguished road
    Hi all,

I'm working on XMC4800 EtherCAT with SSC tool. I've enabled EoE for my application, and I've given a IP address for the XMC. Now, how do I check the communication ? I mean, how do I check the Ethernet packages sent ?

Thanks in advance,
    Vinay

New Member New Member isokolov is on a distinguished road
    Hello What is the HW interface between main CPU and ECAT unit ? SPI ? Or something else ?

Thank you.

Beginner Beginner Robot is on a distinguished road
    It uses the Xilinx OPB,The On chip bus Xilinx OPB is bridged to AHB lite.Click image for larger version

Name:	TIM??20171023204847.png
Views:	0
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	3185

Beginner Beginner claudiofi is on a distinguished road

read/write EEPROM by TwinCAT (or equivalent)

I understund that XMC4800 use an emulate ESC eeprom but this create some problems to read and write the esc eeprom by TwinCAT or other equivalent system.
    The most important problem is that for example when I make a "scan devices" by TwinCAT, it doesn't work correcttly and in the three I don't find the XMC_ESC so as I would aspect.
    Do you have some suggest in order to solve this issue?
    I precise that if I configure in the tree ethercat device XMC_ESC, the ESC go in OP mode correcttly... The problem is just in the read/write eeprom by the TwinCAT features.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Claudio

Beginner Beginner claudiofi is on a distinguished road
    hello alls,
    it seems that the problem about the inccorect scan devise was caused by the default product code set to 0 in the esi and in the eeprom generated by the esi.
    However I would like that the ethercat slave had the same behaviour of every slaves that have an I2C eeprom, where we are able to write and read the eerpom with TwinCAT or every others equivalent tools.

reading the user maual of the xmc4800 I see that in eeprom emulation mode, it should be possible to read and write the eerpom so as an I2C eeprom...

Is this correct or we have some limitation with this configuration?

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.