UART Apps

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

I'm curently working on a Project which includes a UART Communication. Now I'm using the UART001 App and it works fine. But for a better understanding of the Apps, i want to now for what the Trigger Limit exactly is.
In my configuration the Trigger Limits are set to 1 and the Transmit and Receive FIFO are set to 2.

Thanks
Viktoria
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi Viktoria,

You can refer to the APP Help document, Section "App Configuration". This section explains the UI elements that you see on the APP.
In your configuration, if transmit FIFO size is 2, and limit is configured as 1, FIFO standard transmit buffer interrupt will be generated when the FIFO filling level drops from 2 to 1.

Here's what's extracted from the documentation:
Transmit FIFO
On selecting this option, FIFO will be configured for transmit functionality. FIFO helps in pooling the transmit data and sending them without the use of CPU. FIFO is shared between two channels of the same USIC module. In each channel, it can be used for transmit and receive functionality.

Receive FIFO
On selecting this option, FIFO will be configured for receive functionality. FIFO helps in pooling the received data. FIFO is shared between two channels of the same USIC module. In each channel, it can be used for transmit and receive functionality.

Transmit FIFO Trigger Limit

Configures transmit FIFO trigger limit to detect the FIFO Standard transmit buffer event.
Note: Trigger limit should be less than FIFO size. Otherwise there can be an unpredictable behaviour

Receive FIFO Trigger Limit

Configures receive FIFO trigger limit to detect the FIFO Standard receive buffer event.
Note: Trigger limit should be less than FIFO size. Otherwise there can be an unpredictable behaviour

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes