infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impossible to set BMI

paolo.mattachini

Impossible to set BMI

Hello,

I have the following problem: I am trying to set BMI to debug mode SWD0 (P0.14, P0.15) from DAVE v 3.1.10 on a XMC1100-T038F but it never works, I constantly get an error message stating that is impossible to set the desired value, to check the connection or the drivers.

I checked and both are OK, USB cable is working and the debugger (J-Link lite) is working as well.

This problem happens both on a fully assembled board and on another that mounts only the microcontroller and the voltage regulator.
    The connections are ok, meaning that the microcontroller is powered up and the debug pins are correctly wired to the debug connector.
    Also I don't believe the microcontroller is broken since the same problem happens on different pieces.

Why? How to solve this?

Thank you for the help.
    Paolo

Daryl Neo
    Hi Paolo,

I need some more inputs to help...

1. Are you using the BMI plugin on DAVE v3.1.10 for changing the BMI of the device?
    2. What is the current BMI mode of the devices on both your boards?
    3. You mentioned you have 2 boards; a fully assembled board and one with only a XMC1100 with a voltage regulator; Are the boards mounted with new devices? (i.e. Default BMI mode is in ASC BSL mode.)
    4. For the J-link lite that you are using, how are you connecting it to your board?

Regards,
    Daryl

Daryl Neo
    HI Paolo,

You managed to get it working yet?

Regards,
    Daryl

Beginner Beginner kepl is on a distinguished road
    We have been using XMC1300 J-Link Lite Bootkit to Get/Set BMI, Program and Debug XMC1302. We have ordered four new XMC1300 J-Link Lite Bootkits last month. With our old bootkit (the same model but previously ordered than these four), we were able to do all these three operations. But I am afraid to let you know that we are not able to Get/Set BMI from these new Kits though we are able to program and debug. The error states that we have to update the driver, we also did that. Now the driver is up-to-date. FYI, this problem lies in both DAVE 3.1.8 and DAVE 4.1.2.We are quite an old customer of Segger and Infineon, so I kindly request you to help us resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Shaunak Agastya Vyas

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

Which version of Segger JLink are you using?
    Could you try with XMC Flasher tool?

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

We are using CPU-13A-V1.

Shaunak Agastya Vyas

The link given to XMC Flasher gives following error:

An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.ad453917.1493957715.1f759fe3

Shaunak Agastya Vyas

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Beginner Beginner hemn is on a distinguished road
    Hi Jesus.
    How can i enable JTAG or DAP interface in the TC1724 32-bit Tricor?my tc1724 is new and all setting is in default.
    i can connect in ASC Bootloader mode by memtool to device but in JTAG ot DAP not!!.my debugger is the miniwiggler.
    thanks.

+ Reply to Thread