XMC1100 in ASC_BSL after Sending application Stream the Application is not running ??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I am working on XMC1100 Controller, i am trying to run an application by loading by using ASCBSL mode, but i am fail to do it. I approached following procedure as per the xmc1000 tooling guide

---> sent 0x00 and 0x6C from UART to the Target

<--- Got Reply 0x5D as Positive Response

---> sent Length in little Endian format

<--- Got Reply 0x01 as Positive Response

---> Sent Application Stream

<--- Got Reply 0x01 as Positive Response, so that i confirmed that my Application was successfully Accepted.

now I am waiting for the application to be run but it wont

Note: Here my Application is blink an Led

Could any one suggest where might be the wrong????

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan.
0 Likes
5 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello Harshan,

To execute the code after a successful download, the BMI has to be switched from ASC BSL to for example, user debug mode.
This is done through the change BMI command (mode 1).

Please take care not to use user productive BMI mode as this is meant only for a productive device.

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi chismo and Thanks for Reply,
i check the boot mode Index in DAVE(v3.1.8) ->GETBMI, and it is showing ASC_BSL, i think this setting is ok or Should i Configure any thing else before the approach (mentioned at start), and as well ,here the issue is i am not able to run the code which was successfully loaded into sram (i am confirming it is Success because it is respond with 0x01 after loading the Application Stream of data). am i missing any thing else ???

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan.
0 Likes
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello Harshan,

Can you switch the BMI mode to User Debug (SWD0 or SWD1)?
The downloaded code will begin execution after that.

With ASC BSL BMI mode, the code execution is always with the BSL firmware, unless you are using the mode with the timeout feature.

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
Hi Min,

It's been a while since this question have been asked but I am kind of having the same problem and I would appreciate your help.
I have an XMC1400(XMC1404-Q064X0200, The one in the boot kit) in ASC BSL mode(without timeout). I want to change its BMI to User Debug mode without using Memtool.
I know that the app data sent in ASC BSL mode is loaded to SRAM right? So somehow this code written in the SRAM shall work otherwise how can we change the BMI?
I wrote a code that changes BMI, I sent its binary to the XMC and now what? How to run it?

Regards,
İpek
0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hello Ipek,

Answering for other users who are searching for the same answer here. This has the source code for hostprogram and a flash loader program which establishes a communication
structure to receive commands from a host PC. One of the ROM firmware routines available is "Request BMI installation" , to change the BMI value. After the hex file is programmed into Flash,
user can program the BMI value to be User Mode (Debug) SWD_0, so that the program downloaded will be executed.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes