FLASH bus error read problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

I am storing some data to internal flash. Sometimes, when reading the data from flash (span over several pages, more then 256byte) I get bus fault exception pointing to flash address from which the data are being read. If I examine it more closely I can see that some page is not readable (i.e.0x0c01c100 in my case). This page cannot be read even with the debugger (there are ???, neighboring pages are read correctly 0).

I have read some information in manual and of the forum about retention problems etc... OK.

But what to do in this situation, how to prevent exception occurring in running program ? How to make page readable again in running program?

rum
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
HI,

I did not read of the device setup that you are using... I assume the XMC4000 series? 🙂

I am not sure if the error you are facing is caused by the FLASH retention? Can you please check this by read the FSR Flash Status Register, to check if a SBER or DBER error has occurred. If indeed it is due to retention issue, this would have cause a double bit error on the flash. And this can be detected when reading the flash content by the hardware.

Also, what is the error that you observed from reading the register " CFSR Configurable Fault Status Register" ?

Were you able to access both set of registers from the debugger?

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Daryl Neo wrote:
HI,

I did not read of the device setup that you are using... I assume the XMC4000 series? 🙂

I am not sure if the error you are facing is caused by the FLASH retention? Can you please check this by read the FSR Flash Status Register, to check if a SBER or DBER error has occurred. If indeed it is due to retention issue, this would have cause a double bit error on the flash. And this can be detected when reading the flash content by the hardware.

Also, what is the error that you observed from reading the register " CFSR Configurable Fault Status Register" ?

Were you able to access both set of registers from the debugger?

Regards,
Daryl

I did the same as described above without having problems. However, it would be interesting to see a screen shot of registers of the flash module.
0 Likes