DAVE v4.1.4 plug-in update to fix a problem with the BMI functionality

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Patch update, 2016, January, 25

Today we have released a plug-in update for DAVE v4.1.4
This plug-in update fixes a problem with the BMI functionality integrated in DAVE.
When changing the BMI (Boot Mode Index) setting in any XMC1000 microcontroller to the ASC BSL mode (device boot via a UART channel), in most of the cases the BMI was not set correctly; with the consequence that the device was not accessible any more. With the new DAVE CE plug-in this problem is fixed.

How to update:
Dave will provide an alert that an update is available, just accept this alert and follow further instructions.
The update can also be performed as follows:

• Press: -> Help -> Check for Updates
  • Check the DAVE Code Engine Feature
  • Press Next and follow further instructions

Further details can be found in the Release Note.

To avoid other sporadic issue with getBMI() functionality, the latest JLink version V5.10h should be used.
0 Likes
1 Reply
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
Hi, I have Dave 4.2.2 and JLink v632b.
I am trying to use get/set bmi utility. But I couldn't find that button. Then I found this thread(https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/4780-No-BMI-Button-In-Dave4)
I check Window-> Perspective-> Customize Perspective-> toolbar. But I cannot enable that toolbar. I am adding screenshots. Is there a way to add BMI utility manually?4918.attach

Bests,
İpek
0 Likes