Bugs in Asc Bootloader for Dave 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Infineon,

the Asc Bootloader example code for Dave4 on your website is not running. Compiling, linking and loading without any breakpoints set results in the following debugger window:

1751.attach

There is a bug in the file linker_script.ld, line 25, which locates code into the flash instead into the PSRAM:
instead
.text : AT(ORIGIN(FLASH_1_uncached))
itmust be
.text : AT(ORIGIN(PSRAM_1))

then all runs fine:

1752.attach

There is another bug in the windows program:

XMCLoad.exe hangs when the loaded Intel Hex file contains records which are not align16, i.e. lowest address nibble not 0. The bug is hidden in file XMCLoad_API.cpp, line 665 contains wrong mode:
instead
bslHeader.mode = 4; //Erase mode
it must be
bslHeader.mode = 3; //Erase mode

Best regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
HI Wolfgang,

Please refer to the Application Note:
http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-XMC4000_TOO_Bootloader-AN-v01_02-EN.pdf?fileId=db3a30433e4143b...

In the application note, it states the change in the linker file required. Did you follow the steps involved?
1754.attach

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Daryl,

thanks for your answer,
yes, I know this details, but there is a misunderstanding:
the linker script file supplied with this example is already modified by your colleagues to load code into PSRAM, but the already modified file contains the mentioned bug.

Best regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes
gwang
Employee
Employee
Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks very much for your inputs, You are right. These are bugs in ASC BSL example codes. I will correct them in the next release. If you have further questions for ASC BSL example codes you can directly contact with me using guangyu.wang@Infineon.com.

Best regards

Guangyu
0 Likes
Not applicable
I tried this demo today. So the Flash driver Code is not mapped to PSRAM in the demo. So do I need to map the Code to PSRAM or not. I only checked the DAVE Sample.

Thanks
mathias
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Mathias,

the Dave sample contains bugs in the linker script. When corrected, the code maps to PSRAM and runs fine. On which hardware did you test?

Regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes