infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USB disconnection detection

New Member New Member rum will become famous soon enough

USB disconnection detection

Hello,

In xmc4400 manual is written that in DEVICE mode when VBUS is switched off (connector unplugged) OTG interrupt is triggered (bit 2 gintsts). I do not get this interrupt even if it is properly enabled.

1. Does this behavior depend on pin P0.9 status ID connection? Because in my case it is pull up to 3.3.

2. I am using USBD app witch is correctly working, how to detect USB disconnection without using P0.9 ID pin?

3. Suggestion to use usbreset interrupt suggested on this forum is also not triggered when disconnected.

rum

Daryl Neo
    Hi,

Q1) This pin (P0.9) should not be pull-up. The OTG ID pin is used only for the USB dual role device; where in it should support device mode and host mode functionality depending on the ID pin.
    Please note that currently our XMC_LIB for USB only supports USB device functionality and doesn’t support OTG functionality.

Q2) You will need to add an event callback for USB disconnect event. (Example attached)
    With this, whenever then user unplug the USB cable, the disconnect event will be entered.

Q3) In a self-powered USB device, the reset event can be used to support device functionality for disconnect-connect back, which is basically a re-initialization of the USB.

Regards,
    Daryl
    ?????

New Member New Member digitron is on a distinguished road
    Hi Daryl !
    My Software also freezes, if you unplug the usb connector.
    I've downloaded your example, but i can't find any event callback for USB disconnect event.
    Where is it?
    Regards,
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread