SYSTICK configuration on XMC2Go

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
v_b
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 5 replies posted Welcome!
Hi,

I hit the following issue in Dave4 while developing a program for the XMC2Go. I added and configured a DIGITAL_IO app as an input pin, attached to port 0.14.
After this, it is not possible to add the SYSTIMER app, as the attempt fails with this error: "DAVE is not able to grant you last hardware resources request".

Looking into this, I discovered that the SYSTIMER app can only be added if the previous DIGITAL_IO app is not yet attached to a pin, but in this case the port 0.14 is no longer available for use as an input.
The reason for this is that the SYSTIMER app also includes the CPU_CTRL_XMC1 system app into the project, which defines the debug interface to be used. By default, the debug interface is SWD0 and this uses the same pin as port 0.14, therefore the initial conflict.
On the XMC2Go the debug interface is SWD1, so by configuring CPU_CTRL_XMC1 to use SWD1 the 0.14 pin can be used as an input.

The initial error message does not give too many details, would it be possible to highlight somehow in this case the hardware resources that create the conflict?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
HI,

Thank you for sharing this observation.

You could also make use of the Pin Mapping Perspective to check for the feasible pins.

I have filed an eticket (# 473145676) to evaluate your suggestion! 🙂

Regards,
Daryl

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes