How to Protect Flash by Infineon Memtool?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Deal Markus:

Could you pls offer some example about how to protect XC2000 Flash.Using IFX Memtool or any other tools?
Thank you!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hi SandiageChu,

You can protect the Flash by using IFX Memtool.
After you have connected the device with Memtool, click on "HW Protect..." button and select the sector you want to protect by clicking on the sector address.
The default password for the protection is 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000.
You can change the password by click on the "Setup" and go to "Protection/BMI" tab to keyed in your password.
Click "Check" and the actual password will be shown in the "Result" column.
After you have change the password and select the sectors you want to protect, click on the "Start" button and wait for the window to close.
Once the windows is closed, you will see a "Lock" symbol on the memory address (show in image "Memtool03").
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi SandiageChu,

You can protect the Flash by using IFX Memtool.
After you have connected the device with Memtool, click on "HW Protect..." button and select the sector you want to protect by clicking on the sector address.
The default password for the protection is 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000.
You can change the password by click on the "Setup" and go to "Protection/BMI" tab to keyed in your password.
Click "Check" and the actual password will be shown in the "Result" column.
After you have change the password and select the sectors you want to protect, click on the "Start" button and wait for the window to close.
Once the windows is closed, you will see a "Lock" symbol on the memory address (show in image "Memtool03").
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you ,Jackson , As your reply ,the Device has been protected from read and write .and, I connect the device using KEILC166,it shows
"the device is locked",but can see the device in the IDE.Know the question is that how can I unlock my MCU.Memtool cann't connect XC2000
device any more.
Thanks !
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi SandiageChu,

If the device is protected with Read and Write, it is not able to be debug anymore.
This is because the purpose for the device to protect against Read is to disable any user to access to the program code inside the flash.
Therefore, once the device in Read and Write protection, it can't be connect using any debug interface anymore.
Should you need to debug your device from time to time, you should be using only Write protection instead of Read and Write protection.

May I know which device are you using?
I'm not sure is this is working but you may try to access/connect the device using ASC bootstrap Loader mode.
Please refer the Easykit Board Manual on the DIP Switch setting for the ASC BSL mode.
Then, change the device config file in the Memtool "Target" to connect the device via BSL/ASC.
If you able to connect the device via ASC BSL, i think you should be able to unprotect the device again.
Good luck on your trying.. 🙂
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you! Jackson,I know how to connect MCU by ASC BSL,Thanks for your support.
0 Likes