how to flash xmc4500 using ASC_BSL??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
i am working on ASC_BSL. i want to flash xmc4500 using ASC_BSL , after refering the tooling guide i sent 0x00 to the xmc4500 using ASC_BSL and i expected 0x5D from it but it won't respond. where might be the error???

Thanks and Regards.
Harshan
0 Likes
6 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi harshan,

Did you setup the TMS and TCK correctly? This configuration is to let the MCU to enter into ASC_BSL mode.

Please ensure that your hardware is working by doing a flash programming using the Infineon Memtool. (see below link) If this part is working then we have to look into the PC software. And it is also good that you have an oscilloscope connected to the ASC Tx Rx such that you are sure that there is communication going on.

http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/2066-XMC_HOT-XMC4500-How-to-do-flash-programming-using-Infineo...

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for Quick Reply,
i am using xmc4500 relax kit for it there is no boot switch exist. shall i connect TMS and TCK to GND manually or any alternative Circuits are needed???
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
harshan wrote:
Thanks for Quick Reply,
i am using xmc4500 relax kit for it there is no boot switch exist. shall i connect TMS and TCK to GND manually or any alternative Circuits are needed???

Yes, manual connection should work as the startup software is looking for this configuration to enter into ASC_BSL.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Travis,

With reference to your previous reply I had connected TMS and TCK to Ground Manually by Ensuring the target to enter ASC_BSL mode,

But after the Hardware Setup I tried to Communicate with Terminal by sending 0x00 By Expecting a response 0x5D.

There is No Response from the Target. let me know is there any steps I am missing To Get Into ASC_BSL Mode.

please let me know any further information required to you regarding this post.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
harshan wrote:
Hi Travis,

With reference to your previous reply I had connected TMS and TCK to Ground Manually by Ensuring the target to enter ASC_BSL mode,

But after the Hardware Setup I tried to Communicate with Terminal by sending 0x00 By Expecting a response 0x5D.

There is No Response from the Target. let me know is there any steps I am missing To Get Into ASC_BSL Mode.

please let me know any further information required to you regarding this post.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan

Hi,

You can check more in detail on the user manual of the XMC4500 Hex board.

1748.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for reply travis,
without any hardware changes by setting SWCON to ASCBSL and then if the set Reset Request bit in AIRCR Register Can i Switch to ASCBSL mode???

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan
0 Likes