Nothing to download in the Library Manager Wizard

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi there,

I'm using DAVE 4.1.4 and I was able to get the last DAVE Updates with the build in update feature. So I guess my network connection is fine and my proxy settings in DAVE are as well. But when I click on Help - Install DAVE APP/Example/Library... and select to work with one of the preinstalled update sites, I get absolutely nothing to download - not even an example project.

The same works absolutly fine with DAVE 3. I already renamed the Library Store on my hard disk but nothing changed. I have this problem on two different machines - here at work and at home as well. On one I upgraded from DAVE 4.1.2 and on the other I did a fresh install of DAVE 4.1.4. Obviously I'm missing something here. What could that be?

Cheers, Felix
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Felix,

Please check for your network connections:
- Goto Windows-> Preferences -> General -> Network Connections
- Active Provider -> Select "Native" :Selecting Native provider causes settings that were discovered in the OS to be used

Can you try this to see if this is the cause of your error. Hope it works.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Daryl,

thanks for replying to my question. I changed the network connection settings to native on my work machine in the office and it works perfectly fine there. Thanks a lot for the tipp!

Is this a bug in DAVE4? The manual proxy settings work absolutely fine in DAVE3 and even with the DAVE4 Update. Just the DAVE4 App Update / Install requires this special setting. I would not further mention it, but I guess this trick will not do at my private computer at home. There I have a virtaulized Windows 7 embedded in my real Linux OS. To avoid dealing with anti virus tools, firewalls etc. I grant the virtual Windows guest just a host only network connection and run a proxy on a special port on the Linux host. So the point is, I just configured the proxy information in DAVE4 but not in Windows itself. So only DAVE4 has a valid internet connection and I do not have to deal with all the problems of the Windows world.

So your trick will probably not work there, since the native settings get the network connection information from the OS. So are there plans to fix this bug or is there any other solution?

Cheers, Felix
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Felix,

Great that it's solved for you!

I don't think it is not a bug though. But just in case, let me check this out. 🙂

Thanks again!

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Felix,

I created an e-Ticket (573093260) for this.
It can be monitored from the DAVE Problem tracking.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Cool. Thanks a lot for your help. 🙂

Cheers, Felix
0 Likes
Not applicable
As predicted, this trick doesn't work at my private environment at home. For now I will copy the app store folder from my PC at work and insert this at home. I guess this should do it, but it would be nice if this problem is solved in a future version of DAVE4.

Cheers, Felix
0 Likes