Looking for XMC 4500 UART Bootloader example code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User4287
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I am looking for a bootloader example application, which operates the serial interface (USIC U0C0, Ports P1.4 and P1.5 for ASC functionality). It should include the bootloader code for the XMC4500 as well as the corresponding code based on a Windows PC.

The Hexagon Application Kit features a RS485 interface connected to ports P1.4 and P1.5.

Does anybody know of such an example application?

Is there a Windows based module (Active-X, DLL, etc) available, which loads the bootloader into the XMC4500 and can be used for flash programming?

Best wishes

Helmut
0 Likes
9 Replies
ron
Employee
Employee
Hey Helmut,

we are currently working on an Application Note for the UART BSL. This document is planed to be avalible by end of March. Finally we plan as well to provide a PC example which can handle the Flash programming on the XMC4000.

Regards
0 Likes
User4287
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Ron,

thanks for the info!

Best wishes

Helmut
0 Likes
User4287
Level 1
Level 1
ron wrote:
Hey Helmut,

we are currently working on an Application Note for the UART BSL. This document is planed to be avalible by end of March. Finally we plan as well to provide a PC example which can handle the Flash programming on the XMC4000.

Regards

Hi Ron,

where can i get the application note for the UART BSL?

And I am also interested in the PC example which can handle the Flash programming on the XMC4000.

Best wishes

Helmut
0 Likes
Not applicable
ron wrote:
Hey Helmut,

Regards

Hi Ron, It's been a year and I'd really like to see the Application Note for the UART BSL or any bootloader application/example code.

Can you suggest where I could get it. Thx
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi all,

It is available at XMC4000 webpage. Click here..
Please look for 'Tooling Guide - XMC4000 - ASC Bootloader' under the document section.
There are other documentation related to XMC4000 device for your references too.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Jackson wrote:
Hi all,

It is available at XMC4000 webpage. Click here..
Please look for 'Tooling Guide - XMC4000 - ASC Bootloader' under the document section.
There are other documentation related to XMC4000 device for your references too.

Hi Jackson,
this will be really helpful. Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Thx,
joeyla
0 Likes
User8282
Level 1
Level 1
Hello.

I am interested in testing the ASC-BSL with the Hexagon Application Kit, but there is something I am not quite sure. The communication must be done through lines ASC_RXD and ASC_TXD. How can I accede these two lines easlly? I do not think they are available at connector X331, as this is for RS-485 communication and the signals have been modified. I have seen the example document, but nothing is said about the real connection with the Hexagon CPU or COM boards.

Any suggestion?

Thank you,
José Luis.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi José Luis,

Do you have the extension board UNI_EXT01-V2 board?
You can connect it to the COM port of the hexagon board and access the ASC_RXD and ASC_TXD at pin27 and pin29 respectively.
0 Likes
User8282
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, Jackson.

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, I have that board, but it was still in the box. I did not remeber I have it.

I will use the board. 🙂
0 Likes