infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XMC1302-T016X0032 AA in ASC_BSL BMI connect with DAVE4 and Memtool

JohnWu

XMC1302-T016X0032 AA in ASC_BSL BMI connect with DAVE4 and Memtool

Hi All,

I have a segger jlink debugger (separated from XMC1300 boot kit), and a XMC1302-T016X0032 AA which is in ASC_BSL mode.

And my software tool is DAVE v4.1.4, Memtool v4.7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	未命名.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1880
    For connecting XMC1302 with DAVE4 (by using "BMI Set and Get" function to check the connection is ok or not). There are two wiring which both were functional.

Name:	未命名2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1882 Click image for larger version

Name:	未命名3.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1883

For connecting XMC1302 with Memtool. (by using "Program" and "Verify" Function to check the connection is ok or not). There is only one wiring which is functional.

Name:	未命名4.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1884

In other words, I have to change the wiring for DAVE4 and Memtool. That is very annoying.

My questions is
    Can Memtool use the same wiring like DAVE4 to connect XMC1302 ?
    Can Memtool use the 3 pin wiring to connect XMC1302 ?
    Is there any way I can program flash, erase flash, verify flash content, flash checksum calculate, hex file checksum calculate in DAVE4?

If those needs can not be achieved right now, but in the future. Is there any time schedule?
    Last edited by JohnWu; Nov 29th, 2015 at 05:19 PM.

Travis will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

If i remember correctly, both memtool and DAVE4 should share the same connection.

JohnWu
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Hi,

If i remember correctly, both memtool and DAVE4 should share the same connection.
    Indeed, it should be the same. But it is not based on my test.
    If any one can use the same wiring to connect XMC1302-T016X0032 AA with DAVE4 and Memtool by segger jlink debugger.
    Please let me know the details.
    Thanks a lot.

Travis will become famous soon enough
    Hi JohnWu,

I had tested this and it is working good.

JohnWu
    Hi Travis.

Below photo are three wiring what I try. (from left to right, wiring 1, wiring 2, wiring 3)

Name:	DSC_0012.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1904 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014.JPG
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1906 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0013.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1905

Wiring 1:
    Debugger Pin 1 to XMC1302 Pin 14, Green Wire
    Debugger Pin 2 to XMC1302 Pin 13, Orange Wire
    Debugger Pin 3 to XMC1302 Pin 6, Red Wire, 5V
    Debugger Pin 4 to XMC1302 Pin 5, Black Wire, Gnd

Wiring 2:
    Debugger Pin 2 to XMC1302 Pin 13, Orange Wire
    Debugger Pin 3 to XMC1302 Pin 6, Red Wire, 5V
    Debugger Pin 4 to XMC1302 Pin 5, Black Wire, Gnd

Wiring 3:
    Debugger X201 Pin 8 to XMC1302 Pin 14, Green Wire
    Debugger X201 Pin 7 to XMC1302 Pin 13, Orange Wire
    Debugger X201 Pin 3 to XMC1302 Pin 6, Red Wire, 5V
    Debugger X201 Pin 4 to XMC1302 Pin 5, Black Wire, Gnd

Like what I mention before.
    For DAVE4, first one and second one are work but not in Memtool.

Name:	擷取2.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1907

For Memtool, last one is work but not in DAVE4.

Name:	擷取.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1908

If you can use the same wiring connect to "XMC1302-T016X0032 AA" with DAVE4 or memtool by segger jlink debugger, please tell me how you do that in details. (SW, HW, IC version) (wiring steps and photo) (my question 1)

And please answer question 2 and 3 as well.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JohnWu; Dec 3rd, 2015 at 07:55 PM.

tys is on a distinguished road
    Hi, John,
    By using the Segger Jlink debugger, the pin1 and pin2 of the debugger is for SWD usage while the pin7 and pin 8 is for UART communication. Memtool can use UART com port for flash download, verification, so Memtool could only use pin7 an pin 8 of the Segger Jlink debugger. DAVE4 is a debugging tool, so it does not have programmer utility in it. So, for the 3 questions:
    1) No, you cannot use Pin1, Pin2 of Segger Jlink debugger to connect to the XMC1000 device via Memtool.
    2) Do you mean using pin 2,3,4 of Segger Jlink debugger with Memtool, then, it is no.
    3) No, DAVE4 is a debugging tool.
    Thanks.

Best regard
    tys

+ Reply to Thread