POSIF start error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
I am using the POSIF in the Quadrature Decoder mode.
My problem is that the first movement is sometimes decoded in the wrong direction.
After initialization the QCSV and QPSV bits in the PDBG register reflect the state of the PhaseA and PhaseB inputs. These seem to be correct for all states except when both are high. In this case both bits are low. After moving the sensor 4 positions both phases are high again and the bits are then correctly set to 1.
This error seems to cause the direction bit to be initialized incorrectly, which has the effect that this first movement is detected in the incorrect direction when the sensor starts with both phases high.

Is this a know error? Am I doing something wrong during the initialization? Is there a work-around?
0 Likes
2 Replies
User11182
Level 1
Level 1
Is there any workaround? What have we do wrong?
0 Likes
User17111
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, amanning.
This issue is interesting for me too. I want to use quadrature encoder for calculation position by connect POSIF to CCU8, however for POSIF is no APP or example source code.
How you integrity POSIF in your project, DAVE CE PROJECT with LIB APPs or using only XMCLib?
0 Likes