Infineon Debug Support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Juergen
Employee
Employee
Hi,
Does anyone know how to connect two or more mini wigglers with a mix of tools like Tasking and Keil in such a way so that two or more MCUs can be debugged in a system simultaneously? I am using Keil for XC836 and Tasking for XC2234.
0 Likes
13 Replies
Not applicable
by using two computers 🙂

About a year ago I tried connecting 4 XC822s through SPD just for programming and failed miserably. Apparently DAS doesn't support this. Using UART BSL solved the problem but that won't help you i guess.
0 Likes
Juergen
Employee
Employee
I was told DAS was specifically designed for this. It should be possible for example to connect a miniwiggler with a 8-bit device and a second miniwiggler with a 16-bit device for the purpose of debugging simultaneously.
0 Likes
Juergen
Employee
Employee
I just got confirmation that DAS for sure supports this and the team working on DAS is in the process of coaching the tool partners so that this will work in future tool releases.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I guess VMwareStation(Visual Machine)will solve this problem...Using TaskingVX in WIN7(OS of computer) and KEIL in WINXP(Visual Machine under WIN7 system)。Bridge one Wiggler to VMware to dubug under KEIL, and one still in WIN7 to debug XC2234。

Can ULINK from KEIL support XC836 Debug? In KEILV9.01, I find you can use ULINK to download and debug XC836, But I'm not very sure about.
If it can, I suggest you buy one from www.taobao.com, The compatible ULINK only cost 10 US$...And it's driver will not comflict with DAS using by Tasking VX.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi alex:
I have a problem to use DAS in WIN7 X64, the miniwiggler can be recognized, but the DAS server can't start,so it can't find the xc2000\xe166 chip.I find that the driver(DAS 3.3.1) for miniwiggler in WIN7 x64 is not correct,because the driver's date is 2009-02-17, it was not support for WIN7.So I change the driver to 2009-10-22(it is in the DAS 3.0.0). After that,I can find the miniwiggler but when I start the UDAS, no thing was happened,my emulation board (xc2300chip) can't be find. I checked up the task manager ,there is a task naming "UDAS.exe *32",it seems like the Server can't work well in WIN7 X64 SYSOP.
Any one have the same puzzle?
0 Likes
Not applicable
DAS uninstall will not clear all thing in WINDOWs, especially in WINDOW register file.
You need run regedit after push "WINDOW_KEY+R" , use search "DAS" to find all DAS trees and delete them before you install a new version.
I encountered this problem with DAS before, and after I delete register informations of old version in regedit, the problem solved.
Now I am using DAV V3.2.3, it seems work OK in WIN7. (I using 15 days trail version TaskingVx in WINXP in VMWare, And I debug with PLS-UDE in WIN7. And it work OK with DAP debug mode when I using DAP-WIGGLER to debug my target board).
You can only run DAS Client, click start DAS server, click install servers, start UDAS, quit all other servers before UDAS(this procedure is most important, for example, is a JTAG over USB Chip is in servering before UDAS, the UDAS will not start. so you must quit all other servers). One green LED is flashing now to indicate DAP_Wiggler try to connect target MCU(Another green LED to indicate whether power-supply of target is OK). if this LED always on, the connect is OK and you will find DAS find target board; if this LED still flash, the connect is fail and you shall check if target board connecting is OK? target MCU power is OK(In XC2000 or XE166, you MUST find 1.5v in Vddi and Vddm)? bootmode selection is OK(Check startup configuration in UserManual)? If all above is OK, pls changed another target board or dap-wiggler to try connect.
0 Likes
Not applicable
1:Search with key-word "DAS" in regedit of windows(Register File Editor)。
Delete all trees about DAS in regedit before you install new DAS.
Or you will encounter problems because uninstall of DAS is not clearly.
2: DAS 3.2.3 work OK in WIN7 X64 system.
3: Check your software with follow sequence:
a: Start "DAS basic client" from WINDOWs.
b: Click "Start DAS server".
c: Quit all servers. It's important before you start UDAS, or you will encounter some problems!!!
d: Click "Installed Servers" and start UDAS.
e: Claim UDAS without password.
Now you can find one green LED of DAP-WIGGLER is flashing now, that demonstrate DAP try to connect target board.
Another green LED show the power supply of target, and blue LED show DAP-WIGGLER entered debug mode.
If all above is OK and no device found in DAS, try to check your hardware.
Although UM point out BMI needn't programed before you debug XC2234, but in reality it must be done before start debug.
0 Likes
Not applicable
c: Quit all servers. It's important before you start UDAS, or you will encounter some problems!!!
Now you can find one green LED of DAP-WIGGLER is flashing now, that demonstrate DAP try to connect target board.
Another green LED show the power supply of target, and blue LED show DAP-WIGGLER entered debug mode.
Although UM point out BMI needn't programed before you debug XC2234, but in reality it must be done before start debug.
0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
DenniesChu
Employee
Employee
My system is WIN7 OS 32-bit, Using two miniWiggler to connect one 8-bit device and one 16-bit device for debugging is ok.
I am using the KEIL to do. Keil can select the DAS interface in Device Setting.
Base on 8-bit and 16-bit, because their DAS Client are different, they will get different DAS interface.
So, it can support multiple device connection of DAS on our miniWiggler in KEIL.
0 Likes
DenniesChu
Employee
Employee
PK51 uVisionV4.14.16.0, C51.Exe V9.03
PK166 C166.Exe V7.04
DAS driver V3.3.1
0 Likes