XMC4800 EtherCAT app/example/...?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I've just installed the new DAVE 4.1.4, and am looking at starting a project using the EtherCAT core in the XMC4800 (I've already gotten a handful of sample devices, and am currently designing the prototype board for them) - but I can't seem to find anything relating to EtherCAT in DAVE.

I'll admit that I'm new to DAVE, so it may just be because I'm not looking in the correct places - but if it's not yet included, is there any timeframe for when something will be available? - or will I just have to do things manually for now?

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
A DAVE APP to support the Ethercat configuration tool from Beckhoff is planned to be published by mid of Feb 2016.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Georg,

Thanks for the answer! Any hope of a simple EtherCat (slave) example before that?
0 Likes
User10683
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Georg and Infineon,
I am too waiting despearately for a sample slave software as I have my hardware ready. February is very late for me. Any pice of working sample would be of great help.
I have the SSC Tool from Beckhoff, but now I need to code the drivers.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Matmik wrote:
Hello Georg and Infineon,
I am too waiting despearately for a sample slave software as I have my hardware ready. February is very late for me. Any pice of working sample would be of great help.
I have the SSC Tool from Beckhoff, but now I need to code the drivers.

Hi Matmik,

You might want to check on this link..

http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3552-XMC4800_HOT-EtherCAT-Getting-Started-with-XMC4800-relax-k...

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
User10683
Level 1
Level 1
Thats great. I cant wait to continue with my project.

Matthias
0 Likes