Tooling Guide ASC Bootloader XMC4500

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear all,

i have some understanding problems with this documentation for the ASC Bootloader.

1. In the Figure 1 is shown the connection between PC COM Port and Target (XMC4500).
Really no levelshifter e.g. MAX3323 is required to change the pc rs232 voltage to 3.3V TTL?

1624.attach

2. Under Chapter 2.2 is described how to change the loader file to locate the Flashloader.hex into the PSRAM.
I cannot find this linker file in the example application. I find only linker_script.ld and this linker file looks not different to other other linker_script.ld files.
Where I can find the XMC4x00_PSRAM.ld ?

Note:
The Flash Loader program must be located in the PSRAM starting at 0x10000000 (XMC4500) or
0x1FFFC000 (XMC4400/4200) because the Flash Loader program can only run from PSRAM. Therefore the
default linker script file generated from DAV4cannot be used in the Flash loader project, because the
default linker script file locates the codes in iCache starting at 0x80000000. The linker script file that
locates the codes into PSRAM is provided in the XMC4x00_PSRAM.ld filer. To change the linker script file go
to project properties:

Go to Settings->ARM-GCC C Linker->General->Script file (-T)

Open “Browse...” to import the file XMC4x00_PSRAM.ld into the field

Documentation:
http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-XMC4000_TOO_Bootloader-AN-v01_02-EN.pdf?fileId=db3a30433e4143b...

Example Program:

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-XMC4000_Bootloader_ASC_example_code-AN-v01_02-EN.exe?fileId=db...

Hope somebody support me with my questions.
0 Likes
2 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

For the first question, you are right, a transceiver is required. It is intended that the target board containing the XMC4500 implements a RS232 port but the figure did not represent this clearly.

For the second question, I think the linker script included in the ASCLoader folder has already been modified for this purpose. The difference is that the complete TEXT section is assigned to PSRAM_1 (previously FLASH_1_cached) as shown in the extract below:

.text : AT(ORIGIN(FLASH_1_uncached))
{
sText = .;
KEEP(*(.reset));
*(.text .text.* .gnu.linkonce.t.*);
} > PSRAM_1

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
Not applicable
Dear Min Wei,

Thank you for your answers and clarifications for me.

Best regards
0 Likes