infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAP Miniwiggler V3 JTAG connector

Beginner Beginner fasgill is on a distinguished road

DAP Miniwiggler V3 JTAG connector

Can someone let me know where to get a JTAG connector for the DAP Miniwiggler V3. Thanks.

Feyi Asgill

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    chismo is on a distinguished road
    Hello,

The JTAG connector supported by DAP miniWiggler v3 is a special 20-pin, small pitch JTAG connector from Lauterbach.
    Typically, the DAP interface is used instead.

Would you have the older miniWiggler v2 which supports the standard OCDS L1 connector?

Regards,
    Min Wei
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I only have the new version which comes only with DAP connector. Is it possible to connect this to SAF-XC866-4FRI? Thanks.

Feyi Asgill

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Hello Feyi,

The XC866 does not support DAP, hence only the JTAG can be used.
    This means that you have to:
    1) Get the cable for the 20-pin Automotive JTAG connector to connect to the v3 miniWiggler
    2) On your PCB, route the JTAG pins to a similar 20-pin header that can be connected to the other end of the cable. I don't think there is a Automotive JTAG to OCDS L1 adapter cable.

Other than the miniWiggler, do you have other debug adapters that you can use, e.g. Keil Ulink?

Regards,
    Min Wei
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hello,

I want to use XMC1302TO38 instead. Will it work with DAP on DAP miniwiggler V3? Seems infineon is moving away from XC800. Thanks.

Feyi

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Hello Feyi,

Yes, the XMC1000 is our latest microcontroller family for industrial and multi-markets and it can work with the DAP miniWiggler v3.0.
    In this case, you will need to have the 10-bit DAP connector (e.g. the Samtec connector in the following attached figure) on your PCB and route the signals accordingly.

Regards,
    Min Wei

Click image for larger version

Name:	figure.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	1852
    Figure taken from tooling guide for XMC1000, link:
    http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineo...29b8c1bdb&sd=t

Hello Min,

Thanks.

Feyi Asgill

Beginner Beginner cheh is on a distinguished road
    I can not find a connection diagram TLE9832 with DAP miniWiggler, unfortunately. Will it work with DAP on miniWiggler v3?

Thanks.

Eugen.
    Last edited by cheh; Dec 15th, 2015 at 01:59 PM.

Beginner Beginner cheh is on a distinguished road
    As described in TLE983x BC- Step BootROM page 9 I connected:
    2pin (DAP1 miniWiggler) - 18pin (TLE9832)
    4pin (DAP0 miniWiggler) - 20pin (TLE9832)
    3pin GND (miniWiggler) - 19pin (TLE9832)
    10pin (RESET miniWiggler) - 21pin (TLE9832)
    20pin P0.2 (TLE9832) - GND
    аnd connect the power supply to the processor, but the processor is not identified, the connection does not occur.
    What am I doing wrong?

Beginner Beginner hemn is on a distinguished road
    Hi.
    I use the miniWiggler JDS circuit for debugging of TC1724. this circuit are in “TriBoard TC1724 Hardware Manual” document(page 8-5).I don’t know how to connect JTAG output pins of this circuit to my TC1724?
    I can connect to my board in ASC Bootloader mode in infineon Memtool by this circuit but i want use the JTAG interface to debugging.The DAS can identify my wiggler.
    Thank you.

Attachment 2940
    ?????? ?????? MiniWigglerJDS.jpg‎  
    Last edited by hemn; May 7th, 2017 at 12:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.