Configuring P0.2 pin for USIC1 Channel0(DOUT3) for TX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
I am working on XMC4500 I am Want to Use UART in my Application that too U1C0 but i was failed to Configure P0.2 as tx and P0.11 as Rx, I am not Getting Where i was done the mistake Could you Please Help How to Configure those pins for my UART???
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hallo,

this will not work, because these Pins are only available on USIC1C1 (P0.2) and USIC1C0 (P.011) (see image bellow).

1586.attach

You can look up the possible pins and USICs for UART in the "Board User Manual" for the XMC4500 Relax Kit on page 13, which you will find on this page:

www.infineon.com/dgdl/Board_Users_Manual_XMC4500_Relax_Kit-V1_R1.2_released.pdf?fileId=db3a30433acf3...

Regards,
Andreas
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi andreas. Thanks for your response. But I didn't select U1C1.SEL01 as transmitter (which is ATL2). If u look closely I have selected U1C0.DOUT3 which is at HWO0. So its clear i want to use U1C0.DOUT3 as Tx ! So I would like to know what are the registers needed to configure this pin as transmitter (as HWO0). or simply procedure to configure that perticular pin as HWO0 for transmit.
0 Likes
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

The DOUT3 function is intended for use as the 4th IO line in the quad-SPI mode.
For all other modes such as UART, standard SPI, IIC and IIS, this function is not relevant. For these modes, only DOUT0 can be used.
Therefore for U1C0, the only options are P0.5 and P2.14.

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
Not applicable
thanks for reply
0 Likes