comunicate with NRF24L01+

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear Support Team

I try to communicate between XMC Relax Lite kit and XMC 2Go.

Can I using NRF24L01+ to communicate?
i had try using standard SPI, but no data received.

I want use XMC Relax lite kit as master and XMC 2Go as slave.
I need baud rate at 250kbps.

Do I need special program to use NRF24L01+ module?

Thank you very much 🙂
0 Likes
4 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello,

I found from the internet that NRF24L01+ is a RF transceiver IC. Do you mean that you want to use this IC with the XMC devices?
From my understanding, it would be easy to emulate the transmit part with the SPI protocol but it is trickier for the receive part.

In general, serial communication with the standard four-wire SPI protocol between any two XMCs should be possible.

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
User21835
Level 1
Level 1
Hi;

has anybody connected one of those Az-delivery or Kuman NRF24L01 boards to a XMC board in the meantime?

I am trying to get the XMC2GO running with the https://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/NRF24L01_Tutorial

Unfortunately I do not get a relaible write and read of the config registers. established - it works only partially.......

I monitored the SPI BUS on a scope and the contents of the sent bytes by the SW seems correct.
But the Nordic Chip seems not to store the RX TX adress data correctly.
The read command from NRF24L01 into the xmc seems to be correct but the sent contents by NRF24 is not correct.. I even already bought some chips from RS to be sure not to operate some fake ICs....

So maybe there is something not correct with the involved timings, that the NRF24 is not receiving the data correctly and stores wrong values in it's registers ?

Put some 47pico on the data lines on the nrf24 board no effect.,

The SPI_MASTER_0 is configured 5000kHz Parity None
Transmit Receive direct
CSN is done by DIGITAL PIN
delay cycles 1
Transmit Receive MSB first
Low if inactive transmit on falling edge
Transmitt receive FIFO 8
MISO PullUp

Any hints ideas are welcome 😉

Regards Joerg
0 Likes
User21835
Level 1
Level 1
I Put the nrf24 into operation: I shortened the cables in between the two boards to avoid noise and also put into the init routine a spi_fast_shift(FLUSH_TX); and a reset of IRQs of the nrf24 chip.
Now the xmc2go board operates the nrf24 nicely with the debugger connected spectrum analyser shows output..
0 Likes
rst
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored Welcome!
nucon wrote:
So maybe there is something not correct with the involved timings, that the NRF24 is not receiving the data correctly and stores wrong values in it's registers ?

Show waveforms of the write/read operations of the configuration registers (MOSI/MISO/SCLK/CS). And also - the values that you write to nRF24L01 configuration registers.
0 Likes