infineon4engi@twitter infineon@linkedin infineon4engineers infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can't create dave project's in a a windows 7 virtual machine

can't create dave project's in a a windows 7 virtual machine

I can't creat any of the Dave Projects in my virtual Maschine (vmware ). It's a Windows 7 64 bit System.
    The Problem is that I can insert like in the screenshot.

the button "next" is schwitching from gray to a black text (the button is enabled)

I can press the button and nothing is Happening.

I don't get the next page "Microcontroller Selection Page"
    I get this page only on my pc ouside of the virtual machine. I installed the same Dave Version on my normal pc.

I'm using all the time my virtual machine to develop my stuff

hopefully somebody can give me an Fastback.
    Only in my virtual machine I'm using my svn system

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_create_dave_project.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	1782

thanks a lot

Daryl Neo
    Hi Thomas,

The problem seems to be related to your DAVE project workspace. It happens when launching old workspace (that is created using older version of DAVE) inside new DAVE v4.1.2. From the image, I could see that you are using DAVE v4.1.2.

Can you please try to start a new workspace in DAVE. It should work.

Regards,
    Daryl

thanks for the fast response.
    I tried your work arround. Different folder locations
    But the same issue

I had before in the virtual machine running the Dave 4 beta version. This was running fine. I uninstalled the beta version before I installed the live version

Actuallly it's really frustrated for me because on my normal PC I can create the project but I can't implement an app because I'm using Kaspersky antivirus and this make problems with the solver
    In my virtual machine I can't create a project.

What can I do now?? I have to create asap a project because we would like to use the controller on a project that is already in production.
    2000 pcb's with your controller

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    ningareddy.modase is on a distinguished road
    FYI

In latest version of "Kaspersky Total Security-Version[16.0.0.614.0.17.0]", DAVE is functioning as expected.

We don’t know what changes they have done in the newer version, but when verified with latest "Kaspersky Total Security-Version: 16.0.0.614.0.17.0", we did not see the issue any more

Regarding the issue you are facing:

Can you please send us the .log file present in <workspace_Loc>/.metadata/.log?
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

on my normal pc with windows 7 pro (64 Bit) have the same issue as in this link:
    https://www.infineonforums.com/thread...-to-Dave-4.1.2

but I have the latest version of "Kaspersky Small Office Security 4. This is programm version 15.02.361(c)
    the same issue. The solver is stucking all the time until I'm adding an app.

thanks

https://www.infineonforums.com/thread...-to-Dave-4.1.2

I have the same issue on my normal PC.
    But with Kaspersky Small Office Security 4. Latest version 14.0.2.361(c)

thanks for your help.

the problem wasn't the Kaspersky for this issue.
    It was related to no device lib.

I installed the device lib and now I can work correctly.

the questions is only why the installation in my virtual machine was without device lib and on my normal pc with device lib.
    It was installed with the same setup routine file

thanks for your help.

you can close this ticket now

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Rafael Gattringer is on a distinguished road
    I experienced the same issue with Xubuntu Linux 15.10 + Virtualbox 5.0.8 + Windows 7 64bit + Dave 4.1.4 and never touched Kaspersky.
    The solution to this problem was to install the missing device lib - thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	library-manager-wizard.png
Views:	19
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1936

BTW, while clicking on the mentioned "Next" button (first post) when trying to launch a project, this error can be observed:

Code:
    null
    org.eclipse.ui
    Error
    Sun Dec 20 00:09:08 CET 2015
    Unhandled event loop exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: DaveDeviceDataAccessor cannot be null
    	at com.dave.common.widgets.mcu.DaveMcuWidgetProvider.getComposite(DaveMcuWidgetProvider.java:92)
    	at com.ifx.dave.project.creator.MCUSelectionPageForNewProject.createControl(MCUSelectionPageForNewProject.java:123)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1276)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$4(WizardDialog.java:1268)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$8.run(WizardDialog.java:1257)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1254)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:942)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:434)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:136)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
    	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
    	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
    	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
    	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
    A reason for the missing lib(s) could be that the VM might not have had Internet access during the installation. However I am not sure about that and could not reproduce the problem.

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    WilhelmBrezovits is on a distinguished road
    Thank you very much Rafael! :-)
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member landscaping123 is on a distinguished road
    Uninstall it, update you computer and reinstall it. Easy Peasy

Janet of

Towing Company Parma

Chip Seal Springfield
    Dumpster Rental Dayton
    Duct Cleaning Cincinnati Oh

+ Reply to Thread