BSP752R explanation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have to use the BSP752R in one of my projects. I have studied the data sheet several times, but really i don't understand it properly. Can someone please briefly explain the main points, so that
i can start using it. I know it tells short circuit or open circuit, but how does it do it? Please help.
0 Likes
3 Replies
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
The truth table on page 7 in the datasheet tells you how the device, a smart high-side-switch, can be used. The device has an open drain diagnostic output for overtemperature and short circuit detection (use a pull-up resistor). Additional there is an open load detection in off-state possible with an external resistor connected on output. As the truth table shows this is done by output voltage level detection. Off-state means the switch has to be off. The diagnostic output is low if a failure exists.
1563.attach

Regards,
forix
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the reply. It was awesome. I am still reading the data sheet, once I finish I will ask few questions.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Many thanks for the good table and nice information! 🙂
0 Likes