ADCCMP001 : HW resources not sharable constraint. DAVE 3.1.10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I am trying to add the ADCCMP001 App to my DAVE 3.1.10 project so I can generate an interrupt when an analogue input exceeds a threshold. The project already contains 16 analogue inputs configured in 3 groups using the ADC001 App.

When I try to add the ADCCMP001 App I get the error "HW resources not sharable constraint". Please see screen shot below...

1550.attach

I must confess to not completely understanding which resources the error is referring to exactly.

Is there a way around this problem without re-configuring the existing ADC App's ? Possibly by configuring the ADC to do a compare with a threshold in my C code while retaining the existing ADC001 App ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Best regards

Aaron
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
HI Aaron,

It seems to be a limitation in the number of pins available in the package that you have selected. If the maximum number of ADC pins have been taken up, in order to use the analog compare on any pin he might have to use the alias feature of the VADC. However, for the aliasing feature, 1 ADC channel is required and this feature is only available on CH0 and CH1 of each ADC group.

From the ADCCMP001 APP:
Alias feature allows the conversion of the same input by two independent channels. When alias feature is enabled, IO001 App is removed. Connect another channel's IO pin signal to the ADC Channel signal to configure the alias.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks Daryl, I will find another way around it.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes