make clean error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hello,

Using DAVE 4.1.2 I get following error when recompiling project (compilation continues correctly). Any idea how to fix it. Where is defined script for clean? Do I have to define it myself?

rum

1540.attach
0 Likes
8 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Rum,

Can you please try to "clean" the project using the following option: Project -> Clean.
Do you still have same error in the console.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

Of course I get this error. Don't you see, there is some bad character before asterisk.

rm: cannot lstat `*.o': Invalid argument

rum
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI Rum,

Try deleting the folder “Debug/Release” and then build/clean again.
Normally, it should work.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Daryl,

Deleting doesn't help. Obviously there is problem how the clean rule is generated in makefile. There is something wrong with rm -rf which is trying to run lsat command

If I remove from makefile from clean rule argument *.o problem disappears. Of course makefile is regenerated again at every build....

rum
0 Likes
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
I have to reproduce without success.
Have you installed Cygwin ?
Which are your regional settings ? (control panel -> region and language)
Regards
Oreste

Keyboard
rum wrote:
Hi,

Of course I get this error. Don't you see, there is some bad character before asterisk.

rm: cannot lstat `*.o': Invalid argument

rum
0 Likes
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Oreste,

No Cygwin. Italy.

If I setup new simple project problem is not shown. Maybe it is related to number of files in the project.

rum
0 Likes
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
Hi Rum,
we are not able to reproduce the problem but we are going to remove the *.o from clean target.
Very likely this modification will go in the next release (end of Oct).
Regards
Oreste
0 Likes
User10538
Level 3
Level 3
i have the same problem with dave 4.1.2 occasionaly - if i press rebuild a couple of times it usually works again normaly
0 Likes