Cannot set/get bmi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi

I am working with the XMC 750 Watt Motor Control Application kit and have been using the XMC1300 drive card (with XMC1302). I have been working with it in debug mode. I then changed the BMI value to "ASC Bootstrap Load Mode (ASC_BSL), no debug"

The problem now it that I cannot set or get a BMI value and cannot enter debug. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Darren

1537.attach
0 Likes
4 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Maybe there is some connection issue. To ensure that the connection is correct, are you still able to do debugging?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Travis

Thanks for the reply. I tried on 2 different PCs and still had the same issue of not being able to read or change the BMI. When I left the drive card disconnected from the PC and the inverter card for some time, I could change the BMI back to SWD0 and debug again .
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
darreng wrote:
Hi Travis

Thanks for the reply. I tried on 2 different PCs and still had the same issue of not being able to read or change the BMI. When I left the drive card disconnected from the PC and the inverter card for some time, I could change the BMI back to SWD0 and debug again .

Then i think there is some issue relating to the hardware.
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

For the XMC1300 drive card, the debugger side and the device side are isolated. Therefore, when changing the BMI, the device side of the drive card will need to be powered with 5V. In your case, it seems that you are powering the board from the 3 phase power inverter board connected.

When changing the BMI, we will need to remove power from the device side for the change of BMI to be completed. If you had the card connected to a power source (for example the inverter board), this could explain why after some time you could use the board again after disconnecting the device.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes