POSQE app for Dave 4 and Dave 3 communication peripheral problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I have downloaded Dave 4 and thinking to port my code from Dave 3 to Dave 4. I have almost all the apps i need for my project, except for dave 4 version of POSQE app. which i think has not been released, nor i am able to find a beta version of it. Could you please tell me when Dave 4 version of POSQE app will be released, because otherwise the only way to do it is to manually program the POSQE myself.

The major problem that i have with Dave 3 is the use of communication peripherals. I have XMC4500 relaxkit. In this, i should be able to have many communication peripherals at a time. i need 2xSPI Masters, 1xI2C, and 1xUSART. this should be easily possible without channel and Pin overlap, i have already theoretically checked and tried in Dave 4 too.

But in dave 3 if you try to do manual pin assignment in the last communication interface that i try to do assignment, it gives you PINs that are connected to ethernet or MMC although i still have some pins left which i could use, but manual pin assignment does not show it. I also noticed if you see manual resource assignment not all the channels are available only 4 are available not 6. you can try this problem by making a new project then adding the peripherals apps 2xSPI Masters, 1xI2C, and 1xUSART this should be possible then try to allocate pins in the last peripheral pin assignment you would get the pins in manual pin assignment that are not available in XMC 4500 relaxkit and connected to MMC or ethernet. although you still have some pins that could be used but its not shown.

I have tried in DAVE 4 and this problem is not there in DAVE 4 it working like a charm. please help and suggest a workaround for this.

Regards,
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi,

In DAVE v4, currently, the POSEQ001 APP is not available. Currently this APP is planned for 2016.
In the meanwhile, you could integrate the POSIF module through the XMCLib into your project. Currently, there is a released application note that gives an introduction on the POSIF module that you may wish to reference on.

Device guide for POSIF module:
http://www.infineon.com/dgdlc/en?dcId=8a8181663431cb50013431cb500b0000&downloadTitle=Infineon-POSIF-...

Alternatively, you may stay on DAVE v3 using the project that you have and changing the pin settings manually in the code. Normally, the pin settings should be done in the _init functions.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes