Xmc1000 motor control application kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a xmc1000 motor control application kit. I downloaded the example project PMSM_FOC_SL01_Example01_XMC13. Imported it on Dave 3. Added some different codes and drove the motor on it. But I want to use gui to change the parameters of PMSMFOCSL01_0. How is that possible?
When I clicked the generate code It throws an error as "Resource mapping failed, please review the user defined constraints".
Any chance to make that example works on Dave 4 ?
What if I want to drive any other motor ?
0 Likes
17 Replies
Not applicable
Hi spk,

1. It should be able to change the parameters using the GUI present in the PMSPFOC APP. The error you encounter indicates that the solver was not able to find available resource for your project. This means that either the pins or module resources are already taken up. Can you check that your assigned resource is available for the solver to map to.

2. Because of the changes in concept for DAVE APPs and the data model of DAVE APPs to improve the speed and robustness of projects, DAVE APPs are not compatible between DAVE v3 and DAVE v4. Currently, our team is working on new motor control APPs in DAVE v4 similar to the functions that you saw in DAVE v3. This is currently ongoing and being planned for 2016. We will update in the forum once the dates are confirmed.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,
Thanks for reply,
I'm currently using DAVE 3.0.10 which is the latest version. I can't " generate code " on a new project that I created. I will add a few pics so you can see what I did and what errors had been given. I'm just following getting started document ( How to create a new project ). Also I can't add any apps.
1531.attach1532.attach
1533.attach1598.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi spk,

There was a similar issue reported earlier ( http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3115-Problems-with-Kaspersky-Anti-Virus )

Do you have Kapersky antivirus installed on your pc?

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
I have no antivirus on my pc. I also tried these steps on 3 different computers and all the results were same. I wonder If there is anyone who can create a new project and make it work on latest DAVE3 version.
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

Could you please send us the .log file to analyse the issue.

Please do the following:
1. Create a new workspace in DAVE3.
2. Create a new project as you have indicated in the steps above.
3. Go to your workspace location, you will see a folder ".metadata"
4. Go into this folder, there is a text file inside. This is the .log file. Send this log file to us for further analysis.

Thanks.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Hi, I couldn't add .log file so I copied it into .text file.
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

Thanks for the file. I have forwarded this for analysis with my colleague and will revert.
I have also created an eticket # 622941194. You may track the issue there.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

From the .log file, it seems that some of the Jet template files (e.g. DEVICE_DATA_H.jet, MOTORLIBh.jet etc) throws exception.
This happened when resources (From solver) are not mapped properly, but template try the read the hardware resources.

Can you please do the following:
1. Is it possible to attached your project here?
2. Can you do a snapshot of the error information by opening file by double clicking error in “Problems View”.
3. Can you do an update of the DAVE v3: "Goto Help -> Check for updates"
- This will install all the updates that is necessary for the DAVE IDE.

Hope to hear from you. 🙂

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
lock attach
Not applicable
Hello,
I reinstalled Dave 3. I didn't change any setting. Just created a new project and generated code and built it. The results are below.

2. 1553.attach
3. No uptades were found.
0 Likes
lock attach
Not applicable
Hi spk,

I took a look at the project. It seems that there was no generated files in the project folder "DAVE/Cache/bin/CodeGenerator".
I managed to run the imported project after deleting the Cache folder in the attachment.

Here are the steps:
1. From your attachment, I removed the folder DAVE/Cache and file .codecache.
2. I imported the project into DAVE3
3. Click on generate code
4. Compile the code.

The project is attached. Can you please try if this is working on your setup again.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
I've followed the steps you wrote. Here is the result.
1562.attach

After I generate code ".codecache" comes back.
Could you try to create a new project and build it ? If there wont be any error, It's about my computer or compiler settings or java or something?( I use default compiler settings ).
Could you create a new project and attach it here ( If It works without any error ) ? so I can try to build it and generated code.
I can build example projects but can't generate code.
0 Likes
lock attach
Not applicable
Hi spk,

Attached is a new project you requested. It is working on my computer. Can you try if this can work on your system.

By the way, what language is your system running on?

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl,
Thx for the project. If I build it directly It's fine working. But still can't generate code and can't add apps.
My system is Turkish. But my project way is C:/DAVE3_workspace/ws3.1.10/working_project_xmc13. ( not included any Turkish character )
It sometimes gives the error about " LİBS - LIBS ( upper case i = It's a turkish character )". If I change it with " I ", It works again.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi spk,

You are right. In my pc when I imported your project, I found that inside the DAVE/Model directory, the directories with "i" (eg. LIBS, MATHLIBS) are renamed as the system are unable to find a suitable english character to replace the turkish character. This leads to an unknown path with the project unable to add APPs or generate code.

Currently,we are looking into a solution and will inform once we have a solution available.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
lock attach
Not applicable
Hi spk,

From our investigation, the issue is due to the language settings.

Can you try this solution in your system; to set the user language to English in the DAVE-3.1.10.ini file.
Please use the following steps.

1. Download the attached file: DAVE-3.1.10.zip.
2. Unzip it, it will give the file: DAVE-3.1.10.ini
3. Go to your folder of your DAVE 3 installation directory: C:\DAVE-3.1.10\eclipse . Inside this directory, you will find the initialization file for DAVE-3 (DAVE-3.1.10.ini). Replace this file with the one downloaded.

Once this is done, you can restart DAVE.
Can you try and let me know if these steps work for you.
Thank you.

Regards,
Daryl 🙂
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl,

Thanks for your effort. It works well now.
I' m really appriciated.

Best Regards
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

You're welcome! 🙂

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes