XMC4500 Analog Input as Digital input?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello, i use the XMC4500 Relaxkit and i managed perfect in within some minutes to send my can messages as i wanted, but i getting out of GPIO.
I need 8 more inputs and checked the datasheet but i'm not sure if i understood correct. Is it possible to use analog inputs (P14.0-P14.15) as digital input?

If yes which APP i have to use, because IO004APP is only for GPIO?
I use Dave3
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

Using P14.0 - P14.15 as digital input is possible. If you are just starting to work on this project, I strongly encourage you to install DAVE v4.1.2 (download it at www.infineon.com/dave). In DAVE v4.1.2, it is much simpler. the IO functionality is consolidated into 2 APPs, DIGITAL_IO and ANALOG_IO. You may use the DIGITAL_IO app to enable the digital input.

However, if you are still would like to stay on DAVE v3.1.10, you can. Just follow the steps below.
- In DAVE3, IO004 does not support the manual pin assignment at these ports.

- You should use IO002 to reserve the Digital Input pin that you need from P14.0 to P14.5. However, as this is an APP designed to be used by top level APPs, the pad functions are disabled. Therefore, you need to enable the Digital input function of the pad after DAVE_init() is called in your file.

- As an example, to enable the digital input port at P14.3:
PORT14->PDISC = ((uint32_t)0U << 3);

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Daryl 🙂
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Neo,

i made my program new with Dave4 and hope we will get soon some new APPs for dave4 e.g. VUSB
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

Great! Have fun with DAVE v4.1.2. There are currently 70 APPs in the July 23 2015 public release..

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes