thread suspended; No source available for "0xfffffffe() " PMSMFOCSL02_Example1_XMC1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,
I am new to Dave and infineon kits. I tried the PMSMFOCSL02_Example1_XMC13 with the XMC1000 Motor Control Application Kit. It worked fine, but after an update (I think it was the emulatorsoftware) when I pressed debug, nothing worked anymore.
The motor does not spin and the thread is halted. Resume does not help. And it says No source available for "0xfffffffe() ". I am now sitting here for two days with this problem and have tried all to isolate the problem.
Sometimes I am able to step in to the main loop and the DAVE_Init() Function, CLK002_Init(void), SystemCoreClockUpdate() and then it hangs at the line

Clock = MCLK_MHZ / IDIV;

in system_XMC1300.c

And I am frustrated because I get error messages every five minutes like the dave severe error message and I have to restart dave every time afterI have connected with the debugger. I will post all my error messages
in a seperate post, later. But I am sure I got all of them until now. Today I have reinstalled Dave.
But the example still does not work and dave continues to anoy me, for example with the"SoftwareIDIndex file was re-generated from installed app directories" message.

And sometimes I get the "warning: t-bit of xpsr is 0 but should be 1. changed to 1." Not sure if this has something to do with my problem.
And I also get the warning my clock is running on low frequency. About 6MHz.

What could possibly be wrong with the example now, when it has worked in the beginning? Is my board damaged? How can I narrow down the problem?
Thanks for any help.

Dave 3.1.10

SEGGER J-Link Lite-XMC4200 V1.00

windows 7 Professional SP1 64 Bit

Intel Core Q9400
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
I have replaced the emulator software back to old version with the J-Link configurator and deinstalled SEGGER V5.00 and reinstalled V4.84f after deleting SEGGER entries in registry.
Now the debugger runs a bit more as expected. The "No source available for "0xfffffffe()" window does not pop up anymore.
But my motor still doesnt run, because the DAVE_Init() gets stuck in a while loop in CLK002.c:

/* Wait till frequency stable. */
WR_REG(SCU_CLK->CLKCR, SCU_CLK_CLKCR_CNTADJ_Msk, SCU_CLK_CLKCR_CNTADJ_Pos,CLK002_DELAYCNT);
while (SCU_CLK->CLKCR&(SCU_CLK_CLKCR_VDDC2LOW_Msk))
{
;
}
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

I suggest to check 2 things:

1. If your DAVE set up is working:
Create a simple LED toggle project using PWMSP001 APP to toggle at 1 second interval.

2. If your motor Board is still working:
- Could you try if you could download another example to see if the motor still turns.

DAVE example project:
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html

Select:AC Induction Motor V/F control ACIMVF01_Example1
Description: Open loop constant V/F control of the AC Induction Motor, Motor speed can be changed by changing POT value.

Let's try this first.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi, since yesterday afternoon the motor example works again. But I have no idea why. I can only say, that the flash memory must have been corrupted, despite Dave should reload the
flash every time starting debugging. Finaly after disconnecting the XMC board from the motor board and making a sucessful erase with J-Link commander(about 20 tries),
then flashing with Dave, then connectiong the motor board, the motor started spinning again.
I have already contacted support. This problem maybe has something to do with the BMI setting SPD0, because I had massive problems with the erase command in J-Link commander.
It always return error code -1 and -5. With the BMI set to SWD, it was better. Now this problem seems to be gone, also with setting SPD0. So I wonder what condition can make the
erase and flash command not working properly?
0 Likes