DAVE 4 is not able to fully generate ANALOG_IO_h

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have tried to use analog input in DAVE 4, but I could not get functional and fully generated files.
analog_io_conf.c and analog_io.c are missing their functions.

1490.attach

1491.attach
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
HI,

The observation you made is correct. 🙂

There are no initialization code required to configure the analog io pins.
The core reason for the APP is to allow DAVE solver to reserve the port pins selected.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Can you please show me how to read data through this port. I mean the port is still undefined. I could not use ANALOG_IO_0. I am using XMC4500 , F100x1024.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Since this is an analog port, you have to setup the ADC to be able to read the value.

If you have installed DAVE v4.1.2, you can make use of the APP: ADC_MEASUREMENT.
Refer to the APP Help documentation, section USAGE.
In this section, follow the steps to create an example demonstrates the conversion of the required ADC channel. If the converted channel is above a threshold voltage then a pin is set to Low else it would be set to High. The port pin is connected to a on-board LED. This would switch on/off the LED depending on the potentiometer value(Potentiometer controls the input voltage for the ADC).

If you do not have installed DAVE, you can download DAVE v4.1.2 : www.infineon.com/dave

Try it today, let me know if you need more help.

Regards,
Daryl 🙂
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you. I'll try it and tell about the results.
0 Likes