infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TLE9201 H Bridge SPI Problem

Karl

TLE9201 H Bridge SPI Problem

Hi,

I am using the TLE9201 H Bridge Chip for driving a small DC Motor. This works well.
    But i also want to use the error messages, which are accessible via the SPI Interface. I have tried a lot, all signals (clock, enable, data_in and VSO) and timings are as asked in the datasheet, but I dŽont get an answer from the chip. ??? Do I have to pay attention to something special ? Is there a known bug ?

Perhaps somebody has an idea.

best regards Karl

Intermediate Intermediate forix is on a distinguished road
    There is nothing special or a bug with the TLE9201 SPI.

You will have to check your hardware that it is done like it is shown in the datasheet figure 4 (not figure 5), page 22. The timing of the SPI interface you will find in Figure 4-6 SPI Timing Definition (drawing not to scale). Note: The first SPI response provided after power up is the device revision number (RD_REV). For any unspecified commands the device will respond with the content of the diagnosis register (RD_DIA). You may check afterwards as well the reset value 0x00H of the control register by using the command RD_CTRL 011x xxxx.

Best regards

Karl

Tle9201 spi

Thank you for your reply.

I solved the problem.

When programming the SPI, I only supplied VSO and not the main power of the chip. As usual a simple error.

regards Karl

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.