multi channel mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm not understand the multi channel mode feature. Can somebody explain this?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
For which module are you referring to, CCU8, POSIF?
0 Likes
Not applicable
CCU4 on XMC1100, Multi-Channel Control
I have read the reference manual but not clear...
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

The idea of the multichannel mode support in the CCUx modules is to allow the output states of the timer (or simply, the PWM outputs) to be controlled in parallel using a single pattern.

The patterns are controlled via the CCUx inputs: MCIx (Multi Channel Inputs). The pattern can be controlled directly by other module e.g. using the POSIF module in standalone multichannel mode to do pattern update or in POSIF module/Hall Sensor Mode to update the PWM pattern for brushless DC motor control or the BCCU module in lighting control.

The multi channel control mode is selected individually in each slice by setting the CC4yTC.MCME = 1B. Once this bit is set, it allows the output to be controlled by the pattern.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Parallel means all slice output follow one input signal?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Parallel means that you can update the pattern in a single register to control the PWM output.

You can refer to our Application Note (AP32289 - XMC1000/XMC4000 - Position Interface (POSIF). In Chapter 4.4, it takes about how to use the POSIF in Standalone Multi-Channel Mode for multichannel control on CCU8 PWM signals.
http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-POSIF-XMC1000_XMC4000-AP32289-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462...

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
How to configure the MCIx pins?

I found "reserved" in the CCU40y - CC40 Pin Connections.

It means I cannot use multi channel mode on XMC1100?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Yes, you are right.

This function is not available on XMC1100 device.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Eric1
Employee
Employee
Hi,

attached an example for CCU8 Multichannel control based on XMC1300:

* This program shows the usage of Multi channel control.
* A 3 PWM are generated by CCU80.CC80, the outputs are P0.00,P0.01,P0.02
* The CCU40.CC42 is used to trigger an update of the MCM and reload via SW the MCMS in the period interrupt (called: sim_hall_isr).
* THE CCU40.CC41 is used as snyc. trigger, so that the update occurs immediately. Another option would be to use the CCU8 slice as sync trigger to avoid spikes.
* In the sim_hall_isr alternating Out01 and Out02 are blanked.
* The Digital OI APP is configured as push pull.
* To combine OUT01 and OUT02 externally it is mandatory to set the IO APPs to Open Train and add an external pull up resistor (~10kOhm)

Best Regards
Eric
0 Likes