finding fvco in xmc4100

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Greetings,
i am working in XMC4100 controller how can i caliculate the frequency of voltage control oscillator ???
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

The details to calculating the PLL frequency can be found in Chapter 11.6 Clock Control of the Reference Manual.

Alternatively, you may consider to use the DAVE APP in DAVE v4.1.2 (CLOCK_XMC4) to set up the clock system for your project. This is a GUI based application oriented software component using XMCLIB that is aimed to help users set up their system on the XMC controller. Try it today!

Regards,
Daryl:)
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for Reply,
is there any tool for clock configuration like "http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1533/PF257927" for xmc4100 ???

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI Harshan,

Yes! you can use the CLOCK_XMC4 APP. You will be able to configure the clock using the user interface within the APP and once completed, the appropriate code can be generated at the click of a button! Try it today!

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for Reply,
i am using keil v5 compiler. for using the above application i need to have dave v4 IDE. is there any alternative for it???

Thanks and Regards.
harshan
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Harshan,

I strongly recommend that you also install DAVE v4.1.2 to take advantage of the code generation feature available. Once you installed DAVE, you can enable the generation of a .gpdsc file to import the DAVE generated code into Keil MDK. Once this is selected, on the code generation a .gpdsc file is generated. Running this file (.gpdsc), will open the project in Keil.

Select in the DAVE toolbar:
Windows -> Preference -> DAVE -> DAVE CE Preferences
enable the option "Generate gpdsc file to import DAVE generated code in Keil MDK v5.10 or higher.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes