DAVE 4 PWM App : Removed timer concatenation support ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi Infineon,

The application note for migrating from DAVE 3 to DAVE 4 states the following for the the PWM App...

"
Removed timer concatenation support withuse of single CCU slice of CCU for PWMgeneration."

I currently use timer concatenation in DAVE 3 and so I am concerned I may not be able to migrate to DAVE 4

Thank you very much
Best regards
Aaron

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
HI Aaron,

In DAVE v4.1.2, based on the following factors, we decided to remove the support for timer concatenation from the PWM APPs.

- Supporting timer concatenation in the APP has increased the code size, even when the user application does not require it.

- Adjusting the CCUx prescaler, a range of PWM value can be supported. This has allowed a lot of user applications to use only 1 slice instead 2 or more slices, freeing hardware resource for implementing additional application features on the CCU.

- XMCLib, a set of low level driver libraries for XMC peripherals, provides ready to use APIs for peripherals. In fact, all the APPs in DAVE v4.1.2 are now built using the XMCLib. This has increased the code readability. Not only that, XMCLib allows us to quickly configure the device to access all the hardware features available that the APP may not support; including the timer concatenation feature. (For your reference, I have attached a project using XMCLib to support timer concatenation on CCU4.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Daryl 🙂
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl,

Thank you very much for the clear explanation and the example code.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes