xmc4500 "hexagon applciation kit" software example for bldc motor with resolver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
hi everybody

I've bought the eval kit "Hexagon Application Kit" because it has a motor control interface for a BLDC motor with resolver. The problem is, that I can't find any software example so that I can start testing the eval kit with the motor.

Can help me anybody? or do you have anybody an example?

Thank you in advance

Pablo
0 Likes
11 Replies
Not applicable
Hi

can nobody help me?

I've discovered that there are many dave application to motor control. One of them is an application to read the resolver position, but I miss the motor control application.

How can I build a software with these dave applications? and which dave applications may I take so that I can run a bldc motor with resolver?

Thank you in advance.

Pablo
0 Likes
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
Hi Pablo,

My collegues are working on Motor Control Examples. I have forwarded your request. Monday they will answer about the status.

Regards
Oreste
0 Likes
P__Yélamos
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First like given 5 sign-ins
Hello Pablo,

we have currently no software exmple that covers the resolver motor control. Currently we have only a Encoder FOC project for BLDC, this project is reading the position of the motor from an encoder instead of a resolver. As you mentioned we have an app for reading the position. We keep on working on new motor control algorithms that will be released soon.

Regards,
Pablo
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Oreste, hi Yélamos

Thank you for your answer.
@yélamos: is it possible, that you can help me to adapt the Encoder FOC project for the use with a resolver? If I understood right, in the FOC project the encoder app give out the position(angle). Can I replace in a easy way the encoder app through the resolver app? If yes, can you tell me the changes that I have to do.

Thank you in advance

Pablo
0 Likes
P__Yélamos
Employee
Employee
Hello Pablo,

you need to check if the resolver app is doing what you need. But in principle, it should be possible to exchange the encoder app by either software hanldling the DSD or by a resolver app providing position and speed of motor. As I said we are working on new algorithms continuously.

BR
P. Yélamos (... I am also Pablo)
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Pablo

Do you have any news about a FOC control with resolver? I have tried to adapt the foc control with enconder for the resolver app without success. Can you help me to adapt the software?

best regards

Pablo
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Pablo Yélamos

Do you have any news about the FOC motor control with resolver?

Saludos

Pablo
0 Likes
P__Yélamos
Employee
Employee
Hello,

we haven´t yet the resolver version. I will announce it here as soon as we finilize the example code.

BR
P. Yelamos
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Pablo

Do you have any news?

BR

Pablo
0 Likes
Arno
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hi Pablo,

we restructured the example code with encoder for PMSM recently. In the current release, an encoder or resolver, using POSIF or DSD respectively, can be used for angle position. The examples are available in DAVE project library:

Path: XMC4000 -> XMC4500 -> DAVE3 Example Projects with DAVE Apps -> System Level Examples -> MotorControl
Resolver Interface: Resolver_FOC_Motor_Example1
Incremental Encoder: Encoder_FOC_Example2.zip

Best Regards
Arno
0 Likes
Eric1
Employee
Employee
Hallo,

we have updated the DSDRV001 App to Version 1.0.6.
With this update we added information for the Resolver configuration.

In Resolver configuration you have the problem to find a balance between accuracy, update Time, response time and carrier generator synchronization.
The new version of DSDRV001 App help you with this configuration.

Regards
Eric

437.attach
0 Likes