DAVE4.0.0 is not able to grant your last hardware resources request at XMC1100

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User10239
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
I'm using DAVE 4.0.0 and be enthusiastic using whole workflow, especially new Mylyn which is outstanding.
In my Project I use one UART_0 for Serial comm. But if I (1.) ADD NEW APP --> UART or I2C_MASTER or (2.) right mouse key on UART_0 app depency tree --> ADD NEW INSTANCE the in title written message box arises instead of adding second USIC channel (refer to attached screenshot)
Checking ot bx trying same procedure in a new testproject, it works (XMC1100 has indeed two Independent USIC Channels).
Maybe I hold oneself at fault at that issue, because I played around adding APPS and removing APPS.
Could you pls. tell me if I could circumvent that error(?) by patching a file within DAVE Project or change a textline somewhere?

Best regards Matthias
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Matthias,

Have you already done the pin assignment for all the DIGITAL_IO APPs before adding UART APP? You may need to check the available pins according to the data sheet "Port I/O Functions" table.

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User10239
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hi Zain!
First, thanks for quick reply.
Indeed, I haven´t spent "lot of" time on Table 8 in datasheet and USIC-module Chapter 14, respectively (I fully trusted to the assignment maskout option of Manual pin allocator).
But reassigning DIGITAL_IO_ports or even removing DIGITAL_IO_APPS step by step doesnt lead to success. If I generate REPORT - RESOURCE MAPPING, I found the UART0 assigned to usic/0/channel/1. Maybe DAVE doent check the step back availability of usic/0/channel/0 and reports than the message

Pls. be adviced, that I used the Project for adding, removing, testing APPS, maybe old config-snippets are placed somewhere in the Project tree.

Proofing, I have built up another "TEST-Project", starting subsequencly with UART_0 (USIC0_CH0), than I2C_MASTER_0(USIC0_CH1), than DIGITAL_IO_APPS, allocate Manual Pins to same Ports -- this works fine. Just removing UART_0 or I2C_MASTER_0 - adding it again works fine too. Here I could not recognize the issue, sorry for that.
Because the second project works as a Workaround, I will not further focus on that issue.

Best regards Matthias
0 Likes