Implementing FMCW on XMC4400 microcontroller

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi, I am working on an infineon board which includes the BGT24MTR12 radar IC and an XMC4400 MCU. The MCU is already preprogrammed with a program called USB Audio Sofware (according to the manual provided) which configures the board to operate as a continuous wave (CW) radar.
I would like to program the MCU for a FMCW modulation in order to be able to compute the target distance and speed. I know it is possible using Infineon DAVE development tool.
Please, can someone help me to do that?
Thank you in advance
0 Likes
10 Replies
Not applicable
Did you fix your problem? I am struggling with the same issue. Could you acquire FMCW sample code or did you write it yourself? The product brief mentions that such code is available on Infineon's website, but I could not find any.
0 Likes
Not applicable
fjbotha wrote:
Did you fix your problem? I am struggling with the same issue. Could you acquire FMCW sample code or did you write it yourself? The product brief mentions that such code is available on Infineon's website, but I could not find any.

I am trying this code for several days. If you can find the code I ask you to share it! Thank you
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello guys,

Has anybody got FMCW sample code? Could you share it with me?

Thank you in advance.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I need it too.
Michele
0 Likes
User12519
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
Hello guys,

If you could procure the FMCW code please share it.

Dheeraj
0 Likes
finketho
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
Hi all,

Infineon is working on a FMCW SW for the BGT24RFB2412 with high priority. Currently there is only Doppler SW available. So, please stay tuned. As soon as development is done the SW will be available from the website.

Best regards,
Thomas
0 Likes
Not applicable
finketho wrote:
Hi all,

Infineon is working on a FMCW SW for the BGT24RFB2412 with high priority. Currently there is only Doppler SW available. So, please stay tuned. As soon as development is done the SW will be available from the website.

Best regards,
Thomas

Hi.
Do you have any news about the FMCW SW development?
Where can we get it from?
0 Likes
Not applicable
is FMCW SW for the BGT24RFB2412 available now?
0 Likes
Not applicable
can I get FMCW SW for the BGT24RFB2412 now?
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins
Hello,

You can refer to the Position2Go FW package based on Infineon radar demo board based on the BGT24MTR12– Fast chirp FMCW for tracking (Angle, distance, speed, and direction of movement detection)
Link: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/demo-position2go/#!tools

Cheers,
Montassar.
0 Likes