XMC4500 SPI Slave App on DAVE 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi all,

Does anyone has information when there will be available a APP to implement a SPI slave on DAVE 4?

It exists on DAVE 3 (SPI003). I will implement it if is not available, but before spending time on it I would like to know if it exists or is there any plan to add it?

Best regards,
Filipe
0 Likes
4 Replies
chismo
Employee
Employee
First like received
Hello Filipe,

A SPI slave APP is definitely in the pipeline, just that at the moment I have not sure when it will be made available.
Sorry, this answer probably doesn't help at all...

Regards,
Min Wei
0 Likes
AngelB
Employee
Employee
Hello Filipe,

in the meanwhile you can use our XMClib to implement easily a SPI SLAVE. Please see an example of SPI SLAVE implementation in the DAVE4 SPI_MASTER APP Help Documentation (Usage section).

Best Regards,
Angel
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,
I have been told that the new DAVE version 4.1.4 would contain the APPs for SPI and I2C Slave.
This seems to be wrong. When can I expect those APPs?

Currently I use the xmc lib directly, but the APPs would save a lot of time, since I use the xmc for prototyping.

Regards,

Thomas
0 Likes
AngelB
Employee
Employee
Hello Thomas,

There are new SPI and I2C SLAVE APPs in DAVE v4.14. You may need to upgrade your DAVE APPS.
Please, inside DAVE go to Help/Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Library..."
Then, select "DAVE APPs Library Manager" in "Work with:" and install the DAVE APPs that appear to you as not yet installed.

Best regards,
Angel
0 Likes